News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67200F50008 on BAT

Started by 5s386, June 02, 2023, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on June 07, 2023, 10:16:57 AM
  Attempting to nail down the detail on the removeable/non-removeable roll bar cover: 
Would the removeable one have the seam on the backside of the uprights?  #0036's does have that.
Yes typically .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SpartanSmoke

I can add 0062 has the removable roll bar cover.

Mike

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SpartanSmoke on June 07, 2023, 01:54:28 PM

Mike
Very interesting . Thanks for relaying the info. Unlike trying to legitimize a dipped roll bar in a early car it is extremely unlikely that someone would take a later car that had a dipped bar that had been damaged and replace it with one of the roll bars with the removable cover. That scenario is highly improbable.  This is because the removable cover rollbars are so extremly rare . I had to buy a entire car to get one 30+ years ago . It would be even more improbable and expensive to do the same thing today. I have only seen one removable cover rollbar for sale in all my years. It was a guy who made a radical restomod and didn't want any of the original parts. It was in the high 50's I think. By contrast there are I am sure a number examples of the removable cover roll bar cars that had their cover lost or torn and have been replaced with the dipped bar. Relatively speaking compared to the removable cover rollbars you somewhat frequently see later production 67 dipped roll bars cut from cars for whatever reason and for sale.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SpartanSmoke

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 07, 2023, 05:25:38 PM
Quote from: SpartanSmoke on June 07, 2023, 01:54:28 PM

Mike
Very interesting . Thanks for relaying the info. Unlike trying to legitimize a dipped roll bar in a early car it is extremely unlikely that someone would take a later car that had a dipped bar that had been damaged and replace it with one of the roll bars with the removable cover. That scenario is highly improbable.  This is because the removable cover rollbars are so extremly rare . I had to buy a entire car to get one 30+ years ago . It would be even more improbable and expensive to do the same thing today. I have only seen one removable cover rollbar for sale in all my years. It was a guy who made a radical restomod and didn't want any of the original parts. It was in the high 50's I think. By contrast there are I am sure a number examples of the removable cover roll bar cars that had their cover lost or torn and have been replaced with the dipped bar. Relatively speaking compared to the removable cover rollbars you somewhat frequently see later production 67 dipped roll bars cut from cars for whatever reason and for sale.

Bob, I don't have anywhere close to the experience that you have but I completely agree.  This was the first auction of a very early 350 that I have followed and I am thankful for the information you and Brian Styles shared. If I can provide anything of substance concerning my car please let me know.

Mike