News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

New 2000 series Dragon snakes. Has Shelby crossed a line here?

Started by daltondavid, June 07, 2023, 04:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s2055

Next will be the 427 DragonSnake! Think at one time it was owned along with DragonSnake CSX2427 before Rich Mason bought it. Drove that one at Sears & Thunderhill. Fun car to drive. A replica will always be a replica no matter how you dress it!

CSX2259

The use of the CSX2XXX VIN numbers is nothing new to the Continuation series of Cobras built by Superformance under a license agreement with Shelby American Inc. Do you people not remember the batch of early competition Cobras replicating the early Sebring competition 289 Cobras that were produced?

Cobra Ned

Confusion often results when "continuation cars" - which might otherwise be labeled imposters or replicas - utilize chassis numbers designed to mimic those assigned by AC Cars to the '60s Cobras they built almost 60 years ago. This makes having a genuine SAAC Cobra Registry ensconced in one's bookshelf a mandatory exercise for anyone who wants to remain on top of the facts rather than the innuendo. Don't delay; contact SAAC today and get yours before they are out of print.

tesgt350

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 07, 2023, 04:34:54 PM
Just another "continuation" Shelby License product among a long list of others.  Nothing new about this type of development anymore. Nicely detailed and expensive product.  Now we have the CSX2800 series of five in the unavailable to the public  Shelby Registry. 8)

Each Dragonsnake costs $750,000 before options. These Dragon Snakes are authenticated by Shelby and built under their guidance with CSX # 's reserved in the SAAC registry for each build.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

A-Snake

Quote from: tesgt350 on December 19, 2023, 01:59:38 PM
Just another "continuation" Shelby License product among a long list of others.  Nothing new about this type of development anymore. Nicely detailed and expensive product.  Now we have the CSX2800 series of five in the unavailable to the public  Shelby Registry. 8)

Each Dragonsnake costs $750,000 before options. These Dragon Snakes are authenticated by Shelby and built under their guidance with CSX # 's reserved in the SAAC registry for each build.
Maybe a Shelby American 'Registry', not in SAAC Registry.

Don Johnston

Quote from: A-Snake on December 19, 2023, 03:29:22 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on December 19, 2023, 01:59:38 PM

Maybe a Shelby American 'Registry', not in SAAC Registry.

Don Johnston

I was wondering what VIN do these reproduction "continuation" cars get to be registered. 8)

csxsfm

Any loyalty Carroll had to the cars was always trumped by making a buck.  His lawsuit against SAAC over the Registry is a clear illustration.  And Shelby Licensing has no loyalty to the old cars as illustrated by their release of the old serial number blocks on new replicas.  I suspect the parts support to Vegas Cobras will transition rapidly from Shelby to the aftermarket too, as Mustangs dominate their priorities.  As Yogi said, "deja vu all over again." 

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: csxsfm on December 19, 2023, 06:38:10 PM
Any loyalty Carroll had to the cars was always trumped by making a buck.  His lawsuit against SAAC over the Registry is a clear illustration.  And Shelby Licensing has no loyalty to the old cars as illustrated by their release of the old serial number blocks on new replicas.  I suspect the parts support to Vegas Cobras will transition rapidly from Shelby to the aftermarket too, as Mustangs dominate their priorities.  As Yogi said, "deja vu all over again."
Are you sure Mustangs dominate their priorities?  I was at Shelby in Vegas a month ago and all I saw was Mach E's on their lifts.  F#ckin Mach E's for god sakes!!!
QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on December 19, 2023, 04:31:51 PM
I was wondering what VIN do these reproduction "continuation" cars get to be registered. 8)
The license you pay for includes a VIN plate and MSO from Shelby American (or whatever corporate identity they are using) showing them as the manufacturer. The MSO (manufacturer statement of origin) is given to DMV when the car is first registered. The down side I can see to a licensed car is while your contract with SA allows you to build X car I don't know if they inspect what is being built as to matching the specs or for workmanship.
Fed law changed recently allowing 1 builder to fully assemble up to 325 kit cars per year without the fed crash/safety/numbering. In the past 1 company had to sell the kit and another company had to finish it.
https://www.sema.org/news-media/enews/2022/09/replica-car-companies-start-your-sales#:~:text=Low%2Dvolume%20vehicle%20manufacturers%20must,purchase%20a%20turnkey%20replica%20car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on December 19, 2023, 09:18:12 PM
Are you sure Mustangs dominate their priorities?  I was at Shelby in Vegas a month ago and all I saw was Mach E's on their lifts.  F#ckin Mach E's for god sakes!!!
QSS
The color scheme of those Mach Es should tell you the whole story......  Hertz Adrenaline Sports Car Rentals
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/vehicleguide/index.jsp?targetPage=vehicleGuideHomeView.jsp&countryCode=US&category=Adrenaline%20Collection#

In reality modding ICE Mustangs is a very small part of the company. Their current big seller is Shelby Trucks for the GT350/500 owners who want to trailer to the track/show and Hertz Mach Es.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350shelb

have a 2022 shelby supercharged  f150 at the shop with rod blown out the side of the block / guy just bought it  :o
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 19, 2023, 10:05:14 PM
have a 2022 shelby supercharged  f150 at the shop with rod blown out the side of the block / guy just bought it  :o

OOPS! Why did it do THAT?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!