News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Digitizing 2148

Started by kjspeed, July 06, 2018, 05:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjspeed

I'll pass along your greeting Doug.

Talked to him about a week ago. He was sitting at his log home on Lake Champlain searching for Champ with his binoculars. I think at night he leads gullible tourists through the Adirondacks looking for Big Foot.  :o
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

Quote from: kjspeed on September 10, 2018, 06:44:56 PM
I'll pass along your greeting Doug.

Talked to him about a week ago. He was sitting at his log home on Lake Champlain searching for Champ with his binoculars. I think at night he leads gullible tourists through the Adirondacks looking for Big Foot.  :o

John was NEVER shy about having his say. Ask him how he got the only '68 R model too? Iput the Boss in my car when there was still SUNOCO 260 in the pumps. 1974-75?

Mine isn't a Richmond, it's a Doug Nash 4+1. All coincidental. 

The headers were from a company called "Pro Stock" and came out of an R model that Rich Leuchner owned at the time that was running a Cleveland. I don't remember the serial number but you can cross reference that with the Registry.

8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

QuoteAsk him how he got the only '68 R model too?

That's funny! Me and my buddies are always joking about that elusive Edsel R model with the back seat delete. We have an acquaintance who fancies himself a Ford expert and he just nods approvingly every time we bring it up.  ::)

John did do a fair bit of drag racing with that car, so it's fair to say it is a race car, just not a road race car as the photo might suggest. I do have time slips I will post soon.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

I like what he did with the car. I like the car. I like John. Happy retirement to him and happy ownership of the car to you. :)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!