News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The future of the SAAC

Started by kjspeed, July 08, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

So can we draw a conclusion similar to people that donate tens of thousands of dollars to their place of worship to those that don't give regular tithings... Those that cant or don't should be cast out and not allowed to participate? :-[

Greg

Quote from: 427heaven on August 17, 2018, 11:42:38 AM
So can we draw a conclusion similar to people that donate tens of thousands of dollars to their place of worship to those that don't give regular tithings... Those that cant or don't should be cast out and not allowed to participate? :-[

I guess I'm not understanding your references as worshiping GOD vs. SAAC membership are manna and peanuts.  GOD loves all and whosoever will can come, man and some in the SAAC, Porsche, Chevy and your neighbors and family do not  ;)
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

Some get a warm fuzzy feeling making donations...others don't. Some have a need for membership badges to feel like they belong, others not so much. Just an analogy... Could have used the donkey one instead, trying to help the fans up the ladder not trying to kick the ladder out from under anyone.

gt350hr

Pull the religion card please.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

Instant public withdrawal..... The analogy was the making a donation for a cause... ( CARD) nothing to do with religion- Apologies up front for any mis interpretations of my analogy. All are welcome if you donate or not might be beneficial for the group. Now back to the discussion of the groups how to make things better, do we not have anyone deemed the spokesperson for SAAC?

Greg

Now all we need is the political card thrown...  SAAC issues are all Trumps fault and a conspiracy with the Russians ... ha, ha....

NOT!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Rodster-500

Quote from: 427heaven on August 17, 2018, 10:43:59 AM
Chris- Heres the real problem... Most of the fan base has left the bldg., after the nonsense that took place on 1.0 and the crash of the forum most left never to return. Many continue to leave for various reasons with seemingly so many on the fence we don't need to push any more over because many will leave with just a gentle breeze. I am one of those that enjoy all Marques and the passion and effort that goes into these cars. When I show up at a Corvette or Porsche gathering we all have our opinions of what we like, and enjoy the commeraderie with each other and all that the event has to offer. NO ONE says if you dont like the venue leave... Only here does this keep raising its ugly head. Those of us left are the backbone of the group lets not run any more people off!

Great summary.

+3

Quote from: 427heaven on August 17, 2018, 02:28:49 PM
Instant public withdrawal..... The analogy was the making a donation for a cause... ( CARD) nothing to do with religion- Apologies up front for any mis interpretations of my analogy. All are welcome if you donate or not might be beneficial for the group. Now back to the discussion of the groups how to make things better, do we not have anyone deemed the spokesperson for SAAC?

Apparently not but if they are looking for someone, based on their interest in the matter, Chris would be a shoe in.

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on August 16, 2018, 07:03:13 PM

Right on Chad...not that the bitchers are gonna change...  :o

If you don't like the direction(or lack of) the club is heading then leave.

Dedicated to the care, preservation, history and enjoyment of the world championship cars from Shelby American, and the cars they have inspired from 1962 to today,  Ownership is not required for membership - just enthusiasm.

I see a lot more enthusiasts here than 'bitchers'.

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

I am wondering....how many participants in this thread have read the most recent 'The Shelby American" Spring 2018 magazine??  If you haven't, why ???  Are you a dues paying member of SAAC or just a SAAC Forum participant  ??  Up to this point, no one has quoted or referenced this thoughtful article.

The first article in 'The Mail SAAC' is germane to this thread's topic.  Pages 1-5 of the magazine.  The Op Ed piece is entitled 'Food for Thought'.  Although it does not answer many of the questions asked here, it does indicate at least Rick is aware of the need for a plan for the organizations future.  Although Rick is not any longer the official spokesman of the club, his bully pulpit is the magazine.  I believe this article was written to provide food for thought to the leadership of the club as well as the membership.

I sincerely hope each participant in this discussion will take the time to read this now....not wait until the magazine comes out next year in printed form...........time is not on our side.

FL SAAC

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 17, 2018, 04:08:12 PM
I am wondering....how many participants in this thread have read the most recent 'The Shelby American" Spring 2018 magazine??  If you haven't, why ???  Are you a dues paying member of SAAC or just a SAAC Forum participant  ??  Up to this point, no one has quoted or referenced this thoughtful article.

The first article in 'The Mail SAAC' is germane to this thread's topic.  Pages 1-5 of the magazine.  The Op Ed piece is entitled 'Food for Thought'.  Although it does not answer many of the questions asked here, it does indicate at least Rick is aware of the need for a plan for the organizations future.  Although Rick is not any longer the official spokesman of the club, his bully pulpit is the magazine.  I believe this article was written to provide food for thought to the leadership of the club as well as the membership.

I sincerely hope each participant in this discussion will take the time to read this now....not wait until the magazine comes out next year in printed form...........time is not on our side.

Mr. G.        + 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Rodster-500

It is my understanding we will be getting some official word from the leadership shortly.   Stay tuned. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA22 (Gary Goeringer) on August 17, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

Although Rick is not any longer the official spokesman of the club, his bully pulpit is the magazine.

Sounds like a resignation to me? So now there is no spokesman? Interesting but it does explain a lot of the lack of reaction from "Club Headquarters", wherever that is now? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA22 (Gary Goeringer)

shelbydoug.......not sure how you translated that out of context statement as a resignation....but Rick has been acting only as Editor of The Shelby American for many years...why are you 'crying wolf' as to no 'official spokesperson' now?   Nothing has changed---seems you like to 'stir the pot'. 

1967 eight barrel

Wouldn't be the first time, Gary. I was thinking about inviting him onto the flight deck so he can tell me how to fly the 737-800 based on someone else's experience. 
As for leadership:  The absence thereof creates chaos.
It would be nice to have a game plan and who has what AOR. ( Area of responsibility)  The tragic loss of information here due to it not being backed up has left many wanting.

-Keith