Author Topic: The future of the SAAC  (Read 74762 times)

TLea

• View Profile
Re: The future of the SAAC
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2018, 10:00:28 PM »
Agree Don, let’s get down to basics and enjoy, we all share a common interest here :)
That’s only possible when there truly is a common interest. Too many self serving agendas to all “just get along”

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Agree Don, let’s get down to basics and enjoy, we all share a common interest here :)
That’s only possible when there truly is a common interest. Too many self serving agendas to all “just get along”

True dat!

:o
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »
Get away from the computer,
Get out and drive.

Repeat until calm.
 8)

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »
1. SAAC is what it is and thank God for that.  It has always been a bit mysterious in its ways, but the bottom line is that it is good for the sake of the cars and preservation of history.

2.  SAAC Forum is what it is and will always have the problems that a public forum will have.  It is an invaluable resource for sharing current information and sorting out the past history of the Shelby American cars.  We all have different agendas and not all will always be pleased.  That is life!

3.  The value of the cars is out of our control.  Enjoy them for what they are now as eventually the world will more than likely frown upon CO2 producing machinery.

Let’s stop over analyzing and enjoy driving, improving upon or just staring at these beautiful machines!

Jon

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »
eventually the world will more than likely frown upon CO2 producing machinery.

Jon

Eventually? I take it you aren't living in a blue state?

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2018, 05:22:24 AM »
Get out and drive.

Repeat until calm.
 8)

True Don
6S373
6S1276

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »
Get out and drive.

Repeat until calm.
 8)
I’m driving mine to my cousins funeral on Friday, he said that’s what he wanted, so I’m granting a dying mans last wish. And I’ll drive fast because that’s the only one he liked it
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
Get out and drive.

Repeat until calm.
 8)
I’m driving mine to my cousins funeral on Friday, he said that’s what he wanted, so I’m granting a dying mans last wish. And I’ll drive fast because that’s the only one he liked it

Giving him a ride in the car? Heck I guess we could give a modern interpretation of an Irish funeral to this? :o (Sorry for your loss)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2018, 02:50:58 PM »
He has MS and I was up there for a visit a few weeks ago and told him we were going to take him for a ride, he said he didn’t have good bladder control and I told him not to worry he wouldn’t be the first person to wet their pants in the car. It was a good visit. Every time I talked to him he always asked about the Shelby. Might even stop work today and take it for a ride. Life’s too short to not take a ride when you have the chance
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
Good on you Steve, nicely done
6S373
6S1276

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2018, 05:08:21 PM »
He has MS and I was up there for a visit a few weeks ago and told him we were going to take him for a ride, he said he didn’t have good bladder control and I told him not to worry he wouldn’t be the first person to wet their pants in the car. It was a good visit. Every time I talked to him he always asked about the Shelby. Might even stop work today and take it for a ride. Life’s too short to not take a ride when you have the chance

Some things just make life worth living.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:32 PM »
All this talk about the future of SAAC gives me a lot to ponder, yes the club has grown and the cars have exponentially had increases in value. I’ve seen restorations that cost more than I made in my last years of full time work, I’ve seen the “auction fever” take over common sense in some cases and cause less and less cars to be driven as they are now “too valuable” . But let’s remember back to the beginning, those days when everything was a new discovery and when everyone got together it was all about the love of the cars. Those who took the reins in the beginning and collected the information and most importantly shared it all. It’s almost 50 years since the “classic “ Shelby rolled off the line. Supposed that it ended there, then maybe we would relegated to the likes of Motion Chevrolets or Yenko Camaro's, great cars, legendary performance, but not enough to go around and they didn’t have something like SAAC to keep it going. So I salute all of those who went before, welcome those who are just coming on board, and I look forward to future is at this time, completlety unknown, but full of promise and hope. So I suggest that it you have a car,  drive it, show it, collect it, but please for the sake of all things Shelby share it.
Worked up an appetite and a sweat, going to lather on some PitStop deodorant and make a mess of Shelby’s best Chili
Good luck to all

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »
+ 1 Steve

All this talk about the future of SAAC gives me a lot to ponder, yes the club has grown and the cars have exponentially had increases in value. I’ve seen restorations that cost more than I made in my last years of full time work, I’ve seen the “auction fever” take over common sense in some cases and cause less and less cars to be driven as they are now “too valuable” . But let’s remember back to the beginning, those days when everything was a new discovery and when everyone got together it was all about the love of the cars. Those who took the reins in the beginning and collected the information and most importantly shared it all. It’s almost 50 years since the “classic “ Shelby rolled off the line. Supposed that it ended there, then maybe we would relegated to the likes of Motion Chevrolets or Yenko Camaro's, great cars, legendary performance, but not enough to go around and they didn’t have something like SAAC to keep it going. So I salute all of those who went before, welcome those who are just coming on board, and I look forward to future is at this time, completlety unknown, but full of promise and hope. So I suggest that it you have a car,  drive it, show it, collect it, but please for the sake of all things Shelby share it.
Worked up an appetite and a sweat, going to lather on some PitStop deodorant and make a mess of Shelby’s best Chili
Good luck to all
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
Get out and drive.

Repeat until calm.
 8)

Much awesomeness in this post.

Truth.
Nothing beats a classic!

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »
Good luck to all

Well said Steve, your a peoples man. You summed it up nicely.  8)
6S373
6S1276