Author Topic: The future of the SAAC  (Read 74699 times)

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Re: The future of the SAAC
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2018, 10:17:47 PM »
x 10- Someone has to acknowledge there is a problem before help can be forthcoming. :-[

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2018, 06:43:44 AM »
Where exactly is club headquarters these days? Inquiring minds want to know?  8)

SAAC HQ is no longer in just one location since about 2009.
The Board of Directors consists of the following:
The Membership Office (Jay Talbott) is in Lexington, KY. Curt Vogt, Howard Pardee and Rick Kopec (Director Emeritus) are located in CT. Ron Richards is in New York, Dirk Gasterland is in Wisconsin, and Jim Dolan is in Naples, Fl.

Our Registrars are located in CA, CT, FL, NV and NJ

Because SAAC administration has grown beyond just two or three people, SAAC HQ is a virtual office located in many places, manned by hard working volunteers who have put SAAC ahead of their personal and business lives. Because of these hard working people, SAAC is continuing to operate in an ever-changing world. We are addressing the challenges mentioned in some of these threads, and will be communicating our direction soon, as Ron has indicated.

Regards,
Jay

So does this mean that there is a virtual leader as well?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »
Thanks Jay and Ron,

Location of board members is not a big deal. We have the conferencing technology, Skype for example, to allow board meetings to be held at anytime.

Since there is a The Board Room section on the forum, I would suggest the agenda for the board meetings be placed there and allow members to post ideas and suggestions to be included in the agenda. 

After the meeting, minutes and feedback could be posted.

We have the tools, let's use them and get moving forward.

JayTalbott

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2018, 10:56:23 PM »
Thanks Jay and Ron,

Location of board members is not a big deal. We have the conferencing technology, Skype for example, to allow board meetings to be held at anytime.

Since there is a The Board Room section on the forum, I would suggest the agenda for the board meetings be placed there and allow members to post ideas and suggestions to be included in the agenda. 

As you can probably imagine, the last three months worth of board meetings have dealt almost exclusively with convention details. I believe that all those countless hours paid off in the form of a great convention. Yes, the convention was not perfect (no one ever is), so after the convention, the next board meeting dissected the convention, discussing the shortcomings, and making suggestions for next year's convention.

The next conference call will start the discussion about many of the items touched on here.

A word to the wise: The board certainly recognizes the importance of the SAAC forum to members and non-members alike. However, the board members do not read each post, nor do we have the time or desire to answer every question raised, especially rude comments from non-members who are trying to stir up trouble. If you SAAC members have a concern, let us know. We take suggestions from members very seriously.

For you non-members, join SAAC and show your support for these cars and the rest of the great people associated with this club.

Regards,
Jay
Jay Talbott
SAAC Board of Directors
SAAC Membership Director

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2018, 11:03:06 PM »
Thanks Jay and Ron,

As you can probably imagine, the last three months worth of board meetings have dealt almost exclusively with convention details. I believe that all those countless hours paid off in the form of a great convention. Yes, the convention was not perfect (no one ever is), so after the convention, the next board meeting dissected the convention, discussing the shortcomings, and making suggestions for next year's convention.

The next conference call will start the discussion about many of the items touched on here.

A word to the wise: The board certainly recognizes the importance of the SAAC forum to members and non-members alike. However, the board members do not read each post, nor do we have the time or desire to answer every question raised, especially rude comments from non-members who are trying to stir up trouble. If you SAAC members have a concern, let us know. We take suggestions from members very seriously.

For you non-members, join SAAC and show your support for these cars and the rest of the great people associated with this club.

Regards,
Jay

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2018, 01:03:54 AM »
Well said, Jay.  And thank you to you and all the board members and volunteers who put the long hours to make SAAC-43 another fantastic convention. 

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2018, 01:39:48 AM »
Thanks Jay and Ron,

Regards,
Jay
You got that right!

QSS
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:53:09 AM by QuickSilverShelby »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
  Thanks jay! Few people realize how much time you "put in" making conventions come together. The "pilgrimage" ( for me an 8 hour drive one way) was CERTAINLY worth it . Seeing my friends of over 40 years was great. I wouldn't have missed it.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
Why can non-members post here at all? Why should they have any say at all here?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »

Probably because its a public forum  .  I do think that you should have to be a SAAC member to post parts for sale or wanted  ads
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2018, 05:12:53 PM »
  I do think that you should have to be a SAAC member to post parts for sale or wanted  ads

+1

Or pay a fee if not.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2018, 05:15:58 PM »
I think SAAC membership deters the trolls some what.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
One more compelling reason to be able to display our SAAC member badge...Lends some degree of credibility to the seller or buyer.  Still waiting for someone to tell me why, in a world of staggering technological advances, this is impossible to achieve.
5S071, 6S1467

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
Still waiting for someone to tell me why, in a world of staggering technological advances, this is impossible to achieve.

Well, wait no more. :-)

It's on the list of additions, but there have been too many compelling things ahead of it.... it will be here soon.

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 20, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »

+1 Don't mind if they monitor the discussions but posting should be reserved for SAAC members IMHO.

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt