Author Topic: The future of the SAAC  (Read 74655 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: The future of the SAAC
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »
Hawaii is about 2400 miles from the West Coast.  Double that to get back to events on the East Coast.  Some local club members ship and keep cars on the western region locales so they can get to various events.  You may have noticed a few rides with Hawaii license plates.  If they have to go east, they drive, not trailer.  Time, cost, hassles?  it is about the event and the people.  Like I said, we are (macadamia) nuts! 8)
We always enjoy seeing the Hawaiian contingent and the cases of macadamia nuts. You guys had many safe miles until this year but I was glad to see the Cobra back on 4 wheels with only a little bodywork and paint needed.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »
That is a heck of a DEAL! For the price of a dinner you can get access to all the information less the hard copies. Perhaps this will gain more interest.

Where do you eat for only $25, McDonald's? Not that there's anything wrong with McDonald's. :D
where do you live to have to pay $25 for McD’s?  Alaska ;D

My wife and I regularly eat at restaurants for less than $25

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2018, 01:13:26 AM »
Probably Commiefornia, Connecticut or New York. You get to pay for the 15.00 minimum wage, Unhealthy eating tax and 11% sales tax to pay for everyone else but those we owe, Veterans.   Connecticult Mc Donalds was about 50% more expensive than it is here in the DFW area. Of course, I can't get a lobster roll here.. :D

Where do you eat for only $25, McDonald's? Not that there's anything wrong with McDonald's. :D
[/quote]where do you live to have to pay $25 for McD’s?  Alaska ;D

My wife and I regularly eat at restaurants for less than $25
[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:08:15 AM by 1967 eight barrel »

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Well I live in California and the less than $25 meals are around still. The help by the way is being quickly replaced with machines thanks to the increases in minimum wage, just as we predicted. Lower minimum wage and bring back the jobs for our students and seniors!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Well I live in California and the less than $25 meals are around still. The help by the way is being quickly replaced with machines thanks to the increases in minimum wage, just as we predicted. Lower minimum wage and bring back the jobs for our students and seniors!
Being a Californian I have some skin in this game- Why would you lower the minimum wage when their take home pay wont take them home? Students and seniors that need supplemental income to match their schedules cant put gas in their tanks and put food on the table let alone pay rent . Pay your 7.50 Happy Meal and know you got to help someone's life on that day. ;)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »
Being a Californian I have some skin in this game- Why would you lower the minimum wage when their take home pay wont take them home? Students and seniors that need supplemental income to match their schedules cant put gas in their tanks and put food on the table let alone pay rent . Pay your 7.50 Happy Meal and know you got to help someone's life on that day. ;)

I resemble the remark about senior citizens!  Here in California I have become a minority and I want to be subsidized like the people that USED to be called the minority STILL ARE! LOL You are 100% correct that S/S is NOT enough even with zero debt! Utilities , property taxes , food , gas etc eat up that check.  Supplemental income is REQUIRED ( or a large nest egg).
    Randy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:37:27 AM by gt350hr »
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2018, 10:59:16 AM »
Great points, JP.  A donation to SAAC Forum site would be a nice option. [...]

One of the challenges here is a pet peeve of mine that I see in many clubs, local and national.  It is the person who refuses to be a part of any organized hobby group and pay dues.  They have their list of negative reasons.  But they are quick to go  a club for free information about their vehicle, whether it is a maintenance problem, history or to sell it. If it were not for the volunteers and dues paying membership, their access to information would be extremely limited. 8)

Seems to me that this could be easily implemented by creating a third "membership" level to SAAC - one just for those who wanted to voluntarily donate to the cause without expecting anything in return (assuming the forum stays free for all). But that option would only appeal to those who wanted to donate less than $25 since that is what an Affiliate membership costs. I'm not sure how many people would take advantage of that. My guess - not very many.

I guess it all boils down to whether people who decline to support the organization have a right to expect that the organization serve their needs for free.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
Well, here in is the issue. Many who contribute information here often don't own cars, but were part of SA or Ford. I take pictures for those reassembling their vehicle to assist. So many here in this forum contribute to the community one way or another.
                                                                                                                                -Keith

« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
In the spirit of support of SAAC:

1) As a reminder, SAAC is a for profit corporation.  Any donations, just like any other income will be taxed...just like any other income.  They will see maybe 50% of any donation...maybe.  Why are we 'assuming' they need money ??
2) Volunteerism has been a cornerstone of the local and national SAAC events......the grassroots will support the club.  Bring out a car and let a 10 year old sit in it while the engine is running.
3) Provide the opportunity to learn about the history and mystique and details of SA.............hate to keep repeating....but everyone on this Forum should have all the Registrys.
4)Passion has been replaced by Portfolio...........this organization, no matter how much of a Forum survives....will eventually shrink to fit based upon the passion of the ownership and the availability of the cars.

Off to Monterey............

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »
I guess I'm just dense or uninformed.  Just how does this site exist without money?  If money is required (and I'm sure it is), where does it come from if not from SAAC?  Why can't benevolent individuals contribute to this forum for its longevity and, hopefully, improvement, w/o going through SAAC?
5S071, 6S1467

JayTalbott

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
In the spirit of support of SAAC:

1) As a reminder, SAAC is a for profit corporation.  Any donations, just like any other income will be taxed...just like any other income.  They will see maybe 50% of any donation...maybe.  Why are we 'assuming' they need money ??

Gary,
This is completely INCORRECT. SAAC is a Not-For-Profit organization, a 501(c)3 organized as such under Connecticut law.

Regards,
Jay
Jay Talbott
SAAC Board of Directors
SAAC Membership Director

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »

Gary,
This is completely INCORRECT. SAAC is a Not-For-Profit organization, a 501(c)3 organized as such under Connecticut law.

Regards,
Jay

As with any charity, you can see their information and 990 tax forms on https://www.guidestar.org/profile/27-0294359

« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »
Jay and all Forum members.....I apologize for the misinformation