News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Cobra Tach I.D

Started by shelby001, July 08, 2018, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby001

Phil  where is e located ?
       Thanks 

This thread would be much more informative with pictures from the original poster.

Jon

gt350hr

Google Phidon restorations.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

kingchief

He is in Idaho and the best.  Not only do they work but the finish is great. He has done 3 for me.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

shelby001

No not a replaced tach as the owner stated he bought it  in 1966 for $60 & installed it in his fairlane. He has since taken a turn to the dark side he has quite a few chevy`s & sold a GT Mustang but has a bunch of parts . He claims the tach  was working when he removed  it but we will see. 

shelby001

Quote from: kingchief on July 18, 2018, 02:50:50 PM
He is in Idaho and the best.  Not only do they work but the finish is great. He has done 3 for me.

All the best,

Steve
Thanks Steve found his sight this morning .

gt350hr

Good to hear! I bought one that was bad but the seller posted it as ''not tested" , but worked when taken out. A new meter ( $$$) fixed it.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelby001

Ya I now have time to get back to testing this tach.  I have tested the light & plan on using the wifes 65 Mustang  as the test station by removing the coil Batt (+) terminal hooking the black from the tach to the coil & the red wire to wire that i removed from the coil. If the car does not start the tach is defective.

shelby001

Okay I tested the tach & everything works fine, just need to order a face ring from Phil . Thanks for all help.