News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rear Shackle how close is the new ones sold vs. assembly line

Started by Greg, July 18, 2018, 03:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I am updating the bushings in my suspension (what was suppose to be a refresh, now has turned into a detailed concours correct undercarriage (that is how it goes...LOL).  I have the old leafs out and wondered if what is being sold now is acceptable to use or do I need to search for a NOS shackle kit.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

acman63

Greg:  Not even close.  the service Ford and repos have the studs  facing the same way.  The original dual ex  versions had one stud facing each way.  if you have good originals restore them,  ive redone many for customers
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

J_Speegle

Quote from: acman63 on July 18, 2018, 04:14:13 PM
Greg:  Not even close.  the service Ford and repos have the studs  facing the same way.  The original dual ex  versions had one stud facing each way.  if you have good originals restore them,  ive redone many for customers

+1 Don't waste your time with the repos or paying the big bucks for service replacements
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1