News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

A new BaT wrinkle

Started by Coralsnake, August 12, 2023, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The people on BaT were previously obsessed with "numbers" "show me the numbers!"

Now, the new wrinkle is to critique and judge the car in real time and offer the seller suggestions on how to improve the car.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

98SVT - was 06GT

But are the good enough to spot when someone swaps an expensive NOS/orig part for a repro on a high point car they are selling? How does BAT confirm that the car is being sold "as judged" when pitched as a winner?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

There goes the neighborhood,  it will be like the second crucifixion...

But "some" will truly salivate and enjoy the new "process"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

No different than the SAAC and Boss 302 police.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on August 12, 2023, 03:16:10 PM
No different than the SAAC and Boss 302 police.

Where is the like button?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 12, 2023, 11:20:35 AM
The people on BaT were previously obsessed with "numbers" "show me the numbers!"

Now, the new wrinkle is to critique and judge the car in real time and offer the seller suggestions on how to improve the car.

They feel they are just trying to help....Kind of like the link in my sig, yet...
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

427heaven

Sadly some of them are from within... They are some of our own! Read em and weep!!! :-[

Coralsnake

An interesting question, would you sell your car to someone that knows absolutely nothing about it, even if it meant a few dollars more or is price the only consideration?

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 13, 2023, 08:12:02 AM
An interesting question, would you sell your car to someone that knows absolutely nothing about it, even if it meant a few dollars more or is price the only consideration?

Yes.

There is more then just a degree of pretentiousness here in criticizing absolutely everyone else's For Sale ads.

You are passing judgement on someone you deem "not entitled" to own the car? Really?

With that said, exactly who entitles you to pass that judgement?

This attitude has been going on seemingly forever and does cause a degree of injury to others who do actually own some of Shelby's constructs.

I have been told on several occasions to "go hang out with my pretentious SAAC friends" by people that I don't even know.

In attempting to be fair, just my '68 GT350 would sometimes get almost violent reactions to it just being parked when I got it in '72. Shelby's cars always had a degree of attitude associated with them apparently since the beginning?

So maybe it is the association with them that gets absorbed by the owners that make them think they are smarter or better then others? They always seemingly did have inexplicable "properties" associated with them and in the views of some of the General Philosophies of the Universe, ying and yang, a good stroke always creates a negative even though sometimes initially unrecognized as well?

However, as observed and experienced by me, that "free advise giving" causes more negative reaction then positive. We don't need your advice at how to "be cool like you". Neither do others.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake