News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT500 Mecum

Started by BGlover67, July 12, 2018, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: Hockeylife on July 16, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
There was, what seemed to me, a nice red 67 GT500 recently on eBay which did not meet reserve at $133k. So, in my limited knowledge, seems $150k could be ballpark. Though there have been recent auctions, talked about in other threads, suggest could be high. Who knows, worth what 1 will pay.
Sad to hear someone could be reluctant to voice an opinion for fear of offending others.
Another question I have as a newbie, is I plan to attend my first convention in a couple weeks, will there be cars there for sale? And will they all be to the highest standards? What prices will they likely command? Thanks

Not Sad...I didn't want to offend anyone who may own a '67 GT500 in similar condition. I was not fearful of repercussions. The market value for that area of the country is what it is, we will see what it's bid too soon enough.

You won't see any cars for sale in the concours judging area. These are expected to be the best of the best. Take lots of pictures.

The popular vote gathering should have very nice cars in all types of conditions, something for everyone. Maybe even a few of the concours cars from the day before.

There may be a car or two in the vendor area for sale. You're guess would be as good as mine on the type/ condition/ etc.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Shelby_r_b

Thanks to 2112 for pointing me back to this thread.  ;)

WOW! That was some serious coin for this car: $217,250 with buyer's premium.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-330531/1967-shelby-gt500-fastback/

Truly, would've NEVER guessed it would sell for that much. We'll see what the DVR shows, as 2 or more people must've really wanted it.
Nothing beats a classic!

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Wedgeman

papa scoops

why would you need to restore a car with that low mileage unless it was a pile of dog stuff? phred

capecodmustang.com

The car was hit in the 1970's and was sitting for years.....

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Wedgeman

Grumpy

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on August 05, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
The car was hit in the 1970's and was sitting for years.....

I had lunch today with my old buddy who was also into the Shelbys like me back in the day. I brought up the cars we both had .. 67 GT500's in nightmist blue. Then he mentioned your name. You got it from Billy.. Damm if these cars could talk !!! Damm younger guy knew where are old cars are living now.. My brain isn't as good.  I just saw Billy this summer.