Author Topic: Looking for shows ot Visit  (Read 4058 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Looking for shows ot Visit
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:19:58 PM »
Since I "retired" I have been really enjoying going to local and some non local shows. I would to visit a few more shows, cruises, get together, whatever somewhere along the east coast or maybe eastern Ohio, Kentucky, etc.
I've seen Florida Tony post a lost, but that just a  little too far. I am planning on a GT350 run in Oct this year, plus Chicago in Nov, but right now August and September are looking open. Anything in Virginia or the Carolina's? New Jersey or Long Island? I already have Lehigh Valley penciled in.
I'm not getting any younger and I want to get in as many as I can until I can't. Looking for suggestions, doesn't have to be all Shelby (even though that would be nice) but just want a chance to drive and see the country and see nice cars and meet great people. Would like them to within a 300 mile one way drive of DC.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Cobrask8

• View Profile
Re: Looking for shows ot Visit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
We'd love to have you return to the Fall Regional event Sept 14-16

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:10:28 PM »
That’s already penciled in
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Kevingt500

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »
You should have mentioned this sooner, my local club, HVMA (checkout facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HVMustangAssoc/?hc_ref=ARTfbKaXuH1HShC7BtqH9AzwpzNGEpe5tQ7p8dHALMAKoYIMDZJj3UYUR1fz9muYLdU) .  We just had our show this past weekend.  But we usually have it the 2nd Saturday of July.  Not a huge show...we get about 150 cars, more than half are mustangs.  Put it on your list for next year.
Kevin

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
Maybe a bit further than you want to go but this is a good show in Maggie Valley, NC
http://negeorgiamustangclub.org/maggie-valley-2018/
Greg Z
6S2249

Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
May be too far away, but Hot August Nights, in Reno, Nv. should be on your bucket list. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 02:57:43 PM »
You should have mentioned this sooner, my local club, HVMA (checkout facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HVMustangAssoc/?hc_ref=ARTfbKaXuH1HShC7BtqH9AzwpzNGEpe5tQ7p8dHALMAKoYIMDZJj3UYUR1fz9muYLdU) .  We just had our show this past weekend.  But we usually have it the 2nd Saturday of July.  Not a huge show...we get about 150 cars, more than half are mustangs.  Put it on your list for next year.
Kevin

I'm assuming this is "up the river" above VerPlank and Peeksville? My grandmother was from Rockland County

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:36 PM »
May be too far away, but Hot August Nights, in Reno, Nv. should be on your bucket list. Ron

I'm got that one planned for the "big trip" in 2022 it will the 50th anniversary of my first drive across the country in old 6S1431. I plan on either doing the same route again, Annapolis to San Jose or the other option is to hit all 48 states in a one month epic drive. Hot August Nights is on the bucket list, thanks
for the tip

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
Maybe a bit further than you want to go but this is a good show in Maggie Valley, NC
http://negeorgiamustangclub.org/maggie-valley-2018/
It looks neat but the day after I have to be in Lake George New York and that's too much of a trip for me. Years ago maybe, but can't seem to do those 700+ miles a day anymore. Maybe next year

JJH

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
The fall vintage festival at Lime Rock in CT. on Labor Day weekend is always a great take...great car show on the entire racetrack on Sunday, or take in the vintage racing on both Saturday and Monday of that weekend as well.
SAAC member since 1981

Kevingt500

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »
Kevin

I'm assuming this is "up the river" above VerPlank and Peeksville? My grandmother was from Rockland County

Yes, this show is in Ulster County (Kingston), right on the Hudson River.  Since you mention Lake George..that is about 2 hrs north of Kingston to give you an idea. 
Kevin