News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

Phillip, great stuff on the Moore Cougars (nice find !) here's a photo of the moffat Cougar at the last race of the '67 season at Kent. The writing on the front fender looks like the one in your shot ?

Mike

tesgt350

propayne

Quote from: honker on May 03, 2020, 10:21:10 PM
Phillip, great stuff on the Moore Cougars (nice find !) here's a photo of the moffat Cougar at the last race of the '67 season at Kent. The writing on the front fender looks like the one in your shot ?

Mike

Thanks Mike!

The decal placement ("Allan Moffat Racing LTD" moved forward from my photo from Crow's Landing below and a Dayco decal added) in the picture you posted of the Moffat Cougar matches that Cougar in the back of Bud's shop in the photo I posted.

It was always believed that the green and gold Cougar was one of the Bud Moore Cougars re-painted and that Bud was involved.

Moffat qualified fourth for the race at Crow's Landing but stuffed his Cougar into a hay bale on the eighth lap. You can see the red hood in this pic of him racing Milt Minter's (driven by Allen Grant) Mustang. Grant finished fourth.

Titus led most of the way and won - Revson finished second in a BME Cougar.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

gt350hr

Quote from: honker on May 02, 2020, 03:10:02 PM
Mustang 11 racer, 467 C.I.  ? valve covers are off, looks to be a bit of a panic !

Mike

Mike,
  Big Block Chevy engine by the valve cover bolt pattern.
  Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

rhjanes

Quote from: 557 on May 04, 2020, 12:36:56 PM
Quote from: 1109RWHP on May 03, 2020, 10:42:46 PM

.   Mmmmm......Daytona........
Yes.
Why is one wearing a quilt?  Keep it cool perhaps.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

1109RWHP

Yes, to keep the car cool. That is the same reason the roofs are painted white on some race cars.

JohnB

gt350hr

THAT is a hell of a leave. 9 second car for sure.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

JohnB

Quote from: gt350hr on May 04, 2020, 06:20:55 PM
THAT is a hell of a leave. 9 second car for sure.

I would ask. At the time it had a 427 TP, later it had a SOHC!

Oh, it IS a real 68 Shelby.

Cartoon cobra on the fender is uber dope... 8)