News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

A few days late, but here is MLK Jr. with children Yolanda and MLK III riding in a Falcon on Ford's Magic Skyway at the New York World's Fair, 1964.

68countrysedan

Great human interest photo with a dash of public relations thrown in.

propayne

Looks like a Falcon 'vert?

Terrific photo.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

the great MLK

Quote from: Shane on January 21, 2021, 01:20:25 PM

A few days late, but here is MLK Jr. with children Yolanda and MLK III riding in a Falcon on Ford's Magic Skyway at the New York World's Fair, 1964.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Quote from: propayne on January 21, 2021, 03:39:04 PM

Terrific photo.

- Phillip

I was thinking Fairlane or Galaxy 500 due to dash trim.

But only guessing

1109RWHP

Quote from: C5HM on January 21, 2021, 09:39:44 AM
More Titus shots from 68

If you look at the bottom picture at the pittman arm there is a rod running horizontally under the car. What is that?

C5HM

That looks like some sort of bolt on brace for the lower control arm mount, doesn't it?

1109RWHP

Yes, never seen that before.

JD

OK, from back a page reply #2697 posted by "C5HN", #3 looks to be a panhard rod, are the other two acting to limit movement like traction bars?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shane

Quote from: 2112 on January 21, 2021, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: propayne on January 21, 2021, 03:39:04 PM

Terrific photo.

- Phillip

I was thinking Fairlane or Galaxy 500 due to dash trim.

But only guessing

In the original post I included that the vehicle is a Falcon.

gt350hr

Quote from: JD on January 21, 2021, 10:12:52 PM
OK, from back a page reply #2697 posted by "C5HN", #3 looks to be a panhard rod, are the other two acting to limit movement like traction bars?

Shelby Racing Co. used a "watts link" on the rear end not a panhard bar. The panhard bar caused some sideways motion through it's arc , where a watts link kept the housing parallel to the chassis because of it's central mounted pivot on the housing.
   I too have never seen that bar on the front end picture and have no idea what it would do except limit for and aft movement of the engine.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

I believe the #1 bar is maybe the anti-sway bar, agree on the #3 being a Panhard bar or could be just a single Watts Link bar, just not enough depicted, and the #2 being an axle limit bar.     :)

I had a customer, who just happened to be a real "engineer", attempt to execute an axle locator system with bars going both to the front and to the rear in its' installation; he submitted his drawings to me, probably not for me to truly critique but rather probably as a boast, but he asked, and I responded something along the lines of: I don't know, after all your the real engineer, but I think you might want to consider the deviation of the instant centers of rotation with the movement of the axle, it doesn't look good to me"!  Well I guess he concluded that I was right, at least in the part about the fact that he was the "real engineer". proceeded to execute his invention, and proceeded to break a lot of stuff,........oops!.     ::)

Scott.

gt350hr

The #3 bar is nearly flat and you can barely make out the end of it attaching to the belcrank portion bolted to the center of the axle housing . All of this indicates a watts link. A panhard bar would "angle up" toward the frame on the opposite side. Besides I've seen the '68 cars "in the day".
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

Now I have a question:  How much axle vertical travel was made available in this chassis?      ???

Scott.