Author Topic: Random car pictures  (Read 717243 times)

propayne

• View Profile
Re: Random car pictures
« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2018, 12:44:33 PM »
Artwork of mine that I have posted has turned up on watches, t-shirts, decals and trailers without my knowledge or permission and several scans that I have made from my personal collection have been re-posted hundreds of time but what irks me the most is that they have also shown up in well known car magazines and books.

The digital age "sigh"....

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »
I know it cant be stopped, dont even get me started on people that post things just for the sake of posting. Its like answer “I agree” to every thread and never contributing anything of value yourself.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
:o   ::) what were they thinking ?

Have owned three - resold two quickly but kept (at this point) my first one.  Challenge IMHO is doing something to the rest of the car that makes the car look complete and flow with the design of the front of the car. Use to keep a registry of them at one point but with so few originals (reproductions were produced/made in the 90's for a short time) not much goes on with them generally speaking.  Front ends have often been swapped from one body to another over the years.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 23, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »
propayne & J _Speegle, if done right they look ok, did they only do a front end kit ?

Here's another one.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 23, 2018, 03:14:21 PM »
:o   ::) what were they thinking ?

Have owned three - resold two quickly but kept (at this point) my first one.  Challenge IMHO is doing something to the rest of the car that makes the car look complete and flow with the design of the front of the car. Use to keep a registry of them at one point but with so few originals (reproductions were produced/made in the 90's for a short time) not much goes on with them generally speaking.  Front ends have often been swapped from one body to another over the years.

Looks like a  'Superbird' front end.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #965 on: September 23, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »
Hmmm , I think Chun worked on that too?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2018, 04:10:37 PM »
Looks like a  'Superbird' front end.

People comment on it looking like a 240Z or a stylized GT40 but remember Larry was moon lighting at the time while working on projects like the Makoshark Corvette and other designs at the time for GM

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #967 on: September 23, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
propayne & J _Speegle, if done right they look ok, did they only do a front end kit ?

Here's another one.

Don't know that car.

As far as liking the front end I think we can all agree that allot of 60's era owners like the stock body look to cars rather than the customized look  that was more popular in the 40-50's but there were plenty of people doing so in the 60's - Ford own Caravan traveling road show included allot of customized mid 60's cars from many famous designers.  Like it or not?  It's IMHO a personal thing but it will gather a crowd and get looks

Front ends ended up on allot of different cars. Some K codes, at least one 65 Shelby and even one of the Grand American (Anderson) show cars - which IMHO was a shame

One on a convertible. This front end was originally on a K code fastback

My car from the front

and a side shot

As we discussed on the Forum pre-crash they were available in two version. Conventional hood and tilt front end. They were expensive for the time period and few people wanted to take a new car and replace the whole front end with what was suppose to be an "easy" bolt on replacement
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:36:48 PM by J_Speegle »

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
Are those Bill Maier's rear flares?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »

Yes

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »

Yes

In addition to the Maier rear flares, those front ends to The above 3 modified fastback and convertible I believe were made and offered by a company called Fiberfab. If I remember correctly (a lot of rust on the brain, so I could be wrong) Fiberfab was in Emeryville Ca.

Cheers,
~Earl J

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2018, 07:09:11 PM »

Here's another one.

Don't know that car.

As far as liking the front end I think we can all agree that allot of 60's era owners like the stock body look to cars rather than the customized look  that was more popular in the 40-50's but there were plenty of people doing so in the 60's - Ford own Caravan traveling road show included allot of customized mid 60's cars from many famous designers.  Like it or not?  It's IMHO a personal thing but it will gather a crowd and get looks

Front ends ended up on allot of different cars. Some K codes, at least one 65 Shelby and even one of the Grand American (Anderson) show cars - which IMHO was a shame

One on a convertible. This front end was originally on a K code fastback

My car from the front

and a side shot

As we discussed on the Forum pre-crash they were available in two version. Conventional hood and tilt front end. They were expensive for the time period and few people wanted to take a new car and replace the whole front end with what was suppose to be an "easy" bolt on replacement

Cool car.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
J_Speegle, your dark red/maroon car looks awesome  8)   rear fenders are subtle, looks like the flip front end ? what were the tail lights ? your second pic, in the background, is that the hill going up to the Corkscrew at laguna Seca ?

Here's another that I have in my files that I think was on the old forum ? id'd as a GT350 ? photo at Indy 1968.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:10:26 PM by honker »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #973 on: September 24, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »
J_Speegle, your dark red/maroon car looks awesome  8)   rear fenders are subtle, looks like the flip front end ? what were the tail lights ? your second pic, in the background, is that the hill going up to the Corkscrew at laguna Seca ?

Choose the color in part because it was the original color of the car though it was silver in the 70's. Also choose it so that the over all look would be subtle sine there were so many things going on with the body

Taillights - wanted something built in so took a 67 GTO taillight panel - narrowed it 6-8" and welded it in. Car as a  Hone-O-driver, custom interior and the engine runs Hilborn injection with an idle circuit built into the engine compartment (two fuel pumps - small fuel bowl and all the routing so the injection will idle - not something a stock Hilborn system does well. 

Car is not so subtle elsewhere :) Sorry for the poor resolution. Poor scan from the magazine article

In the build we left everything off that we could to provide that smooth - sleek look. No interior or exterior mirrors, wipers, door handles, filled in the rear bumper (the license plate cutout in the stock version). It was my last hot rod .... to get it out of my system ;)

Location of that picture was Sears Point many years ago

And I do have the same pictures (think a couple of more) of the one in your last post. On the old forum we had one thread where we posted a number of different cars as part of the discussion
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:34:17 AM by J_Speegle »

427heaven

• View Profile
ou love it tRe: Random car pictures
« Reply #974 on: September 24, 2018, 08:46:38 AM »
Dare to be different..... As long as you love it that's all that matters ;) Nice build Jeff