News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Don't you also have to cut down the front inner Fender Aprons and Radiator Support to install that Front End?

JD

Quote from: honker on September 23, 2018, 07:51:18 PM
Here's another that I have in my files that I think was on the old forum ? id'd as a GT350 ? photo at Indy 1968.

^^^those are photos I posted that my dad took at Indy in 1968 when he and some buddy's went to the time-trials weekend.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 24, 2018, 09:26:19 AM
Don't you also have to cut down the front inner Fender Aprons and Radiator Support to install that Front End?

Mine had originally been built in the mid 60's by a local guy. Dad remembered the car around town and I found it in the 80-early 90's. The first installation wasn't ver pretty so I trimmed a bit more from the radiator support, added some reinforcement and changed to a cross flow radiator for clearance. One of the bigger changes was that the original battery box area is situated where the passenger headlight on the front end was. So to clean it up I reversed a drivers side inner apron and spliced it in on the passenger side to give it a cleaner more factory look and moved the battery.

Plenty of things I would do differently if I rebuilt the car today.  When I built it the target was to build it as it could have been built in late 60's (front ends were only advertised for about 9 months) and designed everything to use parts only from that period or custom made parts.  This was a car I built over 25 years ago
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

there we where in our pinto as mount st. helen began erupting...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

propayne

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

6s2020

Aussie muscle from the dark side, Monaro, chebby powered

photo credit :Shots by Shane

69mach351w

1109RWHP, the first photo I like the tag "these colors don't run".  And what is so cool is they still make shirts and tags with that same saying on it even today.
Does the bottom of the tag read "VFW Indiana"?

1109RWHP

honker

1109RWHP, thanks for those photos, the F/B with the tear drop hood is way Kool   8)

wonder what the wheels are ?

gt350hr

Chrome "reverse" standard wheels with a Cal Custom center sap the attached via the lug nuts. I still see them occasionally at swap meets (the centers).
       Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.