News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Back on topic....

Anyone know anything about this photo?

Dave - 6S1757

honker

Could it be the Falcon GT350 chassis test mule ?

Coming back, the car in the post by s2ms looks to be maybe white, while the Falcon was I think dark blue ?  :-\

honker

"Commercial Tire Special" Mustang, is this what you would call a modified or short track car ?

s2ms

Quote from: honker on November 29, 2018, 09:57:22 PM

Coming back, the car in the post by s2ms looks to be maybe white, while the Falcon was I think dark blue ?  :-\

Car looks white but the hood is dark. Looks like a 65 Mustang grille pattern can be seen in the open hood gap.
Dave - 6S1757

tesgt350

Quote from: honker on November 29, 2018, 09:57:22 PM

No, look at the Center part of Dash Pad.  It is a Mustang Dash Pad.

roddster

With gauges on the right hand side, might this be a Rallye car? 

It is a 65 Mustang grill, and look at the cowl vents - all Mustang.

427heaven

WELL..... The steering wheel does say MUSTANG ;)

gt350hr

Quote from: roddster on November 30, 2018, 09:42:29 AM
  With gauges on the right hand side, might this be a Rallye car? 

It is a 65 Mustang grill, and look at the cowl vents - all Mustang.

So far this makes the most sense to me . I don't see a choke cable and it has early pedal pads ( no provision for chrome trim). The ( assumed black) hood is steel , ruling out a GT350 (IMHO)
Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

gt350hr

Missed that Dave! But it is a radio and heater delete. The second would be a tough one in a ralley car LOL.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

honker

I think this is a '53 Ranch Wagon ? where you actually allowed to pull that on the highway ?

honker

question for "propayne" or any one else. Is this one of those Gurney Cougars ? I don't think it's a GTE, grill isn't correct, plus those caps for the front fenders weren't chrome on any production car I don't think ?

rhjanes

Quote from: honker on December 06, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
I think this is a '53 Ranch Wagon ? where you actually allowed to pull that on the highway ?
Looks like it was legal.  Has highway tires and a license plate.  My grandad had a 1927 Peerless Steam Engine....with rubber cleats on those iron wheels and paid a "farm equipment license plate" fee.  He could fire it up (took about 2 hours to get up steam) and drive down the road....to another farm, or in the 4th of July parade, ringing the bell and tooting the steam horns.  the biggest issue was the weight of the engine to get it moved very far.  Took a flat bed ($$$).  But around town....
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

roddster

Quote from: rhjanes on December 06, 2018, 06:26:38 PM

I wonder what is on that car carrier in the background, upper left.

tesgt350

Quote from: roddster on December 07, 2018, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: rhjanes on December 06, 2018, 06:26:38 PM

I wonder what is on that car carrier in the background, upper left.

I was thinking the same.  It looks like a 65 Chevy Impala or a 67 Galaxie Fastback