News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350cs

Still trying to identify the VIN on the Washington 1966 Hertz car. If anyone knows, please get back to me.

Thanks,

Dennis

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

s2ms

For those that haven't seen it, more pics and discussion of that car here...

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=2373.msg20336#msg20336
Dave - 6S1757

69mach351w

These vintage photos are so damn cool 8) 8)

gt350hr

Quote from: 1109RWHP on February 06, 2019, 10:47:46 PM

CS to RP- "You know Roger , I could probably get you a Ford deal , I have those guys in my pocket".
   RP to CS "I would NEVER do that to Chevrolet as long as I live"
   Hmmmmmm.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

honker

This photo was dated '68, is it at Knott's ? We see some '68 Shelbys, a couple of GT/CS, what looks like an R model, the Mustang 11 show car under the canopy, some production cars. Any idea on the notch front right with a circle on the door, mags, and a fuel filler on the rear deck ?

honker

I'm not sure if this one wasn't on the old site ?  I don't know my U.S. military dress, Airforce ? with a '68 GT500KR 'vert.

gt350hr

Quote from: honker on February 08, 2019, 03:14:44 PM
This photo was dated '68, is it at Knott's ? We see some '68 Shelbys, a couple of GT/CS, what looks like an R model, the Mustang 11 show car under the canopy, some production cars. Any idea on the notch front right with a circle on the door, mags, and a fuel filler on the rear deck ?

Nope , not Knotts and not Dodger Stadium. Looks like a football stadium , "possibly" the Rose Bowl in Pasadena ( because of the trees) but that is ONLY a wild guess.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TJinSA

I know which car that is!  It's a Shelby-built coupe #7(?); vintage raced by Kevin Rich.
Tom Kubler
6S296

Richstang

Quote from: honker on February 08, 2019, 03:14:44 PM

Honker / Mike,
Great photo!!!
What else can you tell us about it besides dated 1968. Where did you find it?
There is something about this gathering event that may be very helpful.

TJinSA,
Thanks for the ID help on the group II coupe. That's the right car!
Here's a link from the "ponysite" with a close up of this exact location and Shelby coupe.
http://www.ponysite.de/67_shelbygroup2_7.htm

Inside the tent on the left, in front of the Mustang II concept car appears to be the George Barris Sony (and / or Cher) Mustang.
The R model look alike appears to be Dick Carter's sfm5019. I think it was a bright yellow by that time.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

honker

Rich, sorry I don't remember where I found that photo of the cars in the stadium  ::) Is the info you  were looking for on the link you posted to ponysite.de ?  same car, same spot.

Mike