News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefordshow

I wouldn't consider the driver on the bottom lucky at all,...looking at where the cobra's front tire is, I think he made contact.  The car on the bottom's roll bar looks like it could have acted like a rail for the cobra's front suspension. my have saved his life,....I hope.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

honker

What's the story here ? Dan Gurney in a Mustang.

update: could it be a Falcon ?

TJinSA

It looks like a mustang from the shape of the fender top, but notice its got a glove box door, and the backs of the seats lack any embossment.
Tom Kubler
6S296

CSX4781

Probably a prototype or engineering car. Notice the snow- hes probably in Michigan.  Also note the stickers on the seat back and the gauges under the dash  and the Rotunda tach.

Dave

shelbydoug

I had a Gurney helmet just like that. I used to use it at the high speed events until Eber came and told me the lawyers said it was unacceptable. He said it was a $10 motorcycle helmet (which it was...actually $20 but that included the visor) and they wouldn't allow it unless I paid at least $150 for a certified helmet. I said, but it's a vintage historic artifact? They just sit around the track looking for people to sue.

The events were just more fun back then before lawyers. Now everyone is walking around with a Baby Glock in their pocket. I wonder if the insurance people know about that?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

Two items I noticed in the photo:
1. Steering wheel center...no Mustang logo.
2. Radio dial face...sure are a lot of numbers.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

69mach351w

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 02, 2019, 02:43:20 PM
To add: Look at the big glove box door.

Also, is my eyes playing tricks or is the dashpad sculpted?  Sort of convex/concave?

gt350hr

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 01, 2019, 08:06:49 PM
always in motion

Tony ,
     That is a staged photo , check the rear tire .
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bigfoot

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 02, 2019, 10:54:11 AM
I had a Gurney helmet just like that. I used to use it at the high speed events until Eber came and told me the lawyers said it was unacceptable. He said it was a $10 motorcycle helmet (which it was...actually $20 but that included the visor) and they wouldn't allow it unless I paid at least $150 for a certified helmet. I said, but it's a vintage historic artifact? They just sit around the track looking for people to sue.

The events were just more fun back then before lawyers. Now everyone is walking around with a Baby Glock in their pocket. I wonder if the insurance people know about that?

Funny
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350hr

Prototype for sure .
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 04, 2019, 10:56:10 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 02, 2019, 10:54:11 AM

Funny

Actually Kopec joined in on that too. He said, "do you have a $10 head?" I didn't know what to say? I was thinking that might be the review and opinion of the board? Alieberto probably had some input into that? I always raced what I brung? $10 head and all. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

tesgt350

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 02, 2019, 02:43:20 PM
The Glove Box Door AND the fact that the Dash Pad only has one "EYE Brow" (over the Gauges).

1109RWHP

It doesn't have any dash pad. You are seeing a shadow.