News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX2259

427heaven

Velocity stacks, no hood,centerline wheels,n 50s mounted out back,cheery bombs rumbling underneath, a roach clip hiding under a cool feather arrangement clipped to rearview mirror and a whole dash decorated in the ultra cool neon colored reflective tape of that era. OOOh those were the days, So Cal in the late seventies-early eighties was the place to be, I gotta find some pics from that time. ;)

Quote from: 427heaven on February 19, 2018, 12:47:41 AM
Velocity stacks, no hood,centerline wheels,n 50s mounted out back,cheery bombs rumbling underneath, a roach clip hiding under a cool feather arrangement clipped to rearview mirror and a whole dash decorated in the ultra cool neon colored reflective tape of that era. OOOh those were the days, So Cal in the late seventies-early eighties was the place to be, I gotta find some pics from that time. ;)

You forgot the ubiquitous logo on a wing or quarter window;

Gas,grass or ass.nobody rides for free....nuff said.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: CSX2259 on February 19, 2018, 12:10:36 AM
Another photo....

How awesome is this picture?!?!  Man, that 67 REALLY looks tough with it's complete setup.  I can only imagine what that thing would sound and drive like.  Its kind of a shame that we've seemingly moved so far from day 2 setups now a days.  If I saw a 67 like this, I would buy it and run it just as is.  I truly appreciate the day 1 look...and, there's a sinister side of me that longs for the days that this pictures represents.

I would call this "Day 2 Period Correct".  Hey Jim C., can we add another category for SAAC Judging?  I have an idea... ;D

Thanks for sharing!!!
Nothing beats a classic!

427heaven

Not too many people enjoy driving their cars the way they were meant to be driven anymore... Bummer really! :-[

Quote from: 427heaven on February 19, 2018, 09:57:47 AM
Not too many people enjoy driving their cars the way they were meant to be driven anymore... Bummer really! :-[
.       Well I try and get mine out weekly...I drive it hard but I don't hammer (read  thrash)on it  anymore...It's the difference between being 54 and 18 years old..You acquire a different perspective...That being said ,with all that torque ,when you get into it and the nose starts to rise it is the closest feeling I have ever experienced to a ski boat for the street...loads o laughs for sure..... ;D

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

propayne

Random photo I found on the web -

Someplace in Europe?

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

honker

Quote from: propayne on February 19, 2018, 08:35:45 PM

Someplace in Europe?

- Phillip

Sweden ! maybe TexasSwede will chime in !

Richstang

Quote from: 1109RWHP on February 19, 2018, 09:42:07 PM

Great color photo!
Looks like it could CSX2043 at the 1963 Road America "June Sprints"
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Quote from: honker on February 19, 2018, 10:13:12 PM
Quote from: propayne on February 19, 2018, 08:35:45 PM

Someplace in Europe?

- Phillip

Sweden ! maybe TexasSwede will chime in !      Those side exhausts are spectacular....