News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy

Quote from: JD on August 08, 2019, 11:18:53 AM
Any idea what this emblem/sticker denoted?

Also notice the tach pod on the dash.

"505"

JD

Thanks and thanks for the links...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

tesgt350

Quote from: Grumpy on August 08, 2019, 08:22:27 AM
Quote from: propayne on August 03, 2019, 06:32:15 PM

The Mustang and the Fairlane were customized by the Alexander Brothers for Bob Tasca.

The Mustang was called the "Tasca 505".
- Phillip

here it is when it was new in the Tasca showroom. I use to go there to see what I could find lurking around the dealership.  8)

Using TWO Hood Scoops, I wonder if he is running a Cross Ram Intake?

gt350hr

IIRC it had an Edelbrock cross ram on it. Supposedly had 505hp in '65 when SAI's Cobra -roller-Weber engines made 390-400.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

6R07mi

That is the old Ford Division Building at Southfield Fwy & Rotunda Rd.
It's now a vacant lot, a few years ago Bill Ford had it all planted in sunflower plants, some Eco idea !

Now Ford is spending 1.2B in tearing down and rebuilding some 75% of the Research & Engineering Center
across from Greenfield Village / Dearborn Test track. It will be a more Eco friendly campus with "collaborative synergy work spaces" ( = Googlish )
And there is a "Carroll Shelby Way" avenue in the campus

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/04/12/ford-transforming-dearborn-campus.html

regards
jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

6R07mi

And there is a "Carroll Shelby Way" avenue in the campus
[/quote]

Highlighted in yellow
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

honker

Grumpy, great period pics ! in post #1451 above, what's the story on the notch with what looks like a drag chute on the back and
"suivez moi" (follow me)  written on the back

Just looking at that pic again, that rear window looks weird, is it a fast back ?

hope you don't mind i've included your image here for reference.

Mike

gt350hr

Quote from: honker on August 09, 2019, 09:43:50 PM
Grumpy, great period pics ! in post #1451 above, what's the story on the notch with what looks like a drag chute on the back and
"suivez moi" (follow me)  written on the back

Just looking at that pic again, that rear window looks weird, is it a fast back ?

hope you don't mind i've included your image here for reference.

Mike

Mike ,
      That is not a notch back . It is in fact the Tasca A/FX , cammer Mustang driven by Bill Lawton. At the time it ran in the mid tens and the parachute was a class requirement.  IIRC the Italian words meant "follow me" or something like that.
     Randy

fm hipo gt 1966

It is french not italian and yes it means follow me!

gt350hr

Well I was half right from 54 years ago LOL  Thanks for the language refresher !
      Randy

honker

gt350hr, thanks for the i.d. on the pic that Grumpy posted, and fm hipo gt 1966 for the language refresher  ;)

Mike

gt350hr

Back then it was common to write things like "If you can read this , you're LOSING" or "Bye Bye" on the tail light panel. The resurgence of vintage "gassers" is bringing some of this stuff back. Nostalgia is king for this old GEEZER!
    Randy

427heaven

shelby69

Here is a cool one. Al Joniecs 68 cobra jet that won winternationals , sitting on the showroom floor of Rice and Holman ford, Penssauken nj , after it came back from winning the race

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert