News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeh

Quote from: acman63 on December 13, 2019, 03:35:52 PM
I remember going in that pole building at Currys,  all those rare cars in there and there was areas that cats and dogs could easily go in and out at the bottom

And everything unlocked with the keys in every car!!!

honker

honker

wet weather sale ! the note said this was in Australia ?

Mike

SFM6S087

Quote from: honker on December 16, 2019, 08:58:48 PM
Muschero  :o   ???

Mike

A bit odd, but it does look better than the new Mustang Mach-E.

Steve

mark p

Not sure of the best thread for these great pix from LeMans in 1966?
I got them via one of the Simeone Museum guys. No idea the original source.

Looks to me as tho the flagman and dignitaries should be getting out of the way a bit faster  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

propayne

Great photos -

Gurney has said in interviews that his technique was to take off and then on a straight hold the steering wheel steady with his knees until he got his belts buckled.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

LAST time you will see a Tucker get wet.....

pbf777

Or, if it were your Tucker, the last time you'd get it wet washing it, as you'd have to sell it, to pay for your lawyer, to get your kids back from Child Protective Services.       :o

Scott.

67 GT350

I know! They look sooooo abused!Look at the happy faces! LOL

Snowflakes......would melt!
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: pbf777 on December 18, 2019, 11:28:27 AM
     Or, if it were your Tucker, the last time you'd get it wet washing it, as you'd have to sell it, to pay for your lawyer, to get your kids back from Child Protective Services.       :o

Scott.
.   Well the policy was COMPREHENSIVE,right?right?hello?........

Coralsnake

SFM6S087

From the http://carryovergt350.com web site:

This picture was taken at Tasca Ford in (or before) April 1966. There are 4 1966 GT350s in this shot – two with LeMans stripes and two without. Left-to-right in this order:

no-stripes.......stripes.......no-stripes.......stripes

Three of the 4 cars in this picture must be carryovers; and possibly all 4.

The 2 no-stripes cars are carryovers 6S052 and 6S159. (see Note 1)

One of the striped cars must be a carryover. (see Note 2)

The other striped car has a 75% chance of being a carryover. (see Note 2)

Note 1.  According to the Registry, 6S052 and 6S159 are the only two white, no-stripe, 1966 GT350s that were delivered to Tasca Ford in time for this picture.

Note 2.  The two striped cars are from this list: 6S091, 6S118, 6S146, 6S216 and 6S327. These are the only white, striped, 1966 GT350s that were delivered to Tasca Ford in time for this picture. Note that 4 of the 5 cars on this list are carryovers. That means that 1 of the striped cars must be a carryover. And that leaves 3 carryovers and 1 regular production 1966 GT350 to vie for the final spot. Which gives a 3 out of 4 possibility of that car being a carryover – a 75% chance.

Fun stuff!

If you have any more info about this pic please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Steve