News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random photos shelby related feel free to add coments if you can identify cars

Started by gt350shelb, November 26, 2023, 05:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunDude

Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

tesgt350

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 26, 2023, 05:42:58 PM

Just curious, that Funnel around the Gas Cap, I know is to catch any spilt Gas and keep it out of the Car.  Is their a Drain Hose that drains the Gas out of the Car to the Outside?  I don't remember ever seeing one in any Photos and I don't ever remember reading anything about one on here, like the type of Hose, the size of it and where it runs to, any clips that hold it in place, etc.

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

propayne

Scanned from one of my mags - can't remember which one off hand.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

gt350shelb

propayne

If memory serves, there was a model kit of that snow dragster.

- Phillip

tesgt350

They must be using a Woman's Ruler because that looks a LOT more that 6 Inches longer....................

propayne

LOL! I know!

I wonder if they were ever in the photography studio at the same time?

I would expect to see a reflection of the dragster on the side of the Cougar.

- Phillip

Bill Collins

Quote from: propayne on December 04, 2023, 09:17:47 PM

- Phillip

I believe this photo appeared in a mid 1960's Playboy magazine article about sports cars on college campuses
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

tesgt350

Quote from: Bill Collins on December 05, 2023, 10:39:31 AM
Quote from: propayne on December 04, 2023, 09:17:47 PM

- Phillip

I believe this photo appeared in a mid 1960's Playboy magazine article about sports cars on college campuses

Of ALL those People in the Photo, can you guess which one most likely has never even ridden in either of those Cars?

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 26, 2023, 05:44:28 PM

riverside
CS was told to get a coupe and prep it for the last TA race. Ford was in danger of losing the championship. Titus made 2 laps in practice and declared the car was fine. He qualified it on the pole. They did a LeMans start on the back straight. The car flooded and Titus left dead last. He drove through the field and was leading when one of the 1/2 buried tires in the esses came loose and knocked the oil filter off. He pulled into the pits figuring his race was done. He had just lit a cigarette when the crew told him to hop in. He drove through the field again and won the 4 hr. race and 1966 TransAm championship for Ford. Now you know why Jerry Titus was called Mr. Transam
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless