News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Show us your 1969/1970 Shelby

Started by Bill, January 20, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

your wish has been granted !

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on November 24, 2018, 11:33:53 AM
I agree that they are all beautiful. There are some colors I would rather not end up with, like one of the two whites or the Jade Black. I like the Grabber colors, all the greens, all the blues and all the reds. I really like Grabber Green and the Competition Red. Maroon would not be my first choice, but I like it. Gulfstream Aqua and the Silver Jade are probably my favorites. You know, Cape Cod still has that '69 Grabber Yellow Hurst car that is still for sale. It's not a convertible and it's not my first choice of color, but I'd buy it, if I had the wherewithal to get it. I recently bought another 4-plex, so my finances are looking much better, but I still need a few more buildings, before I even THINK about buying a project car like that. I can't wait to see it finished by someone and I hope they take it back to it's factory state, well at least back to its original color. The Hurst cars are quite rare, among already rare cars! It would be a great purchase. A white interior would be nice, but I don't know what it came with, originally. This thread has been great.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SNAKEBIT

Wowwww! I'd really like to have a '70 Grabber Blue 'vert. Make it a GT350 for better gas mileage. Thanks a lot, Tony!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

FL SAAC

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on November 24, 2018, 11:46:39 AM
Wowwww! I'd really like to have a '70 Grabber Blue 'vert. Make it a GT350 for better gas mileage. Thanks a lot, Tony!

actually did you one better, we took the motor out of a prius it gets about 98 miles per gallon...

I have all UNGOLD cars

markl350

Quote from: SChatman on November 21, 2018, 09:48:43 PM
Good looking! What color is it?

Sorry, we were away for the holiday.

It is Wimbledon White / blue stripe According to Marti one of 4 with a red interior.

SNAKEBIT

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on November 24, 2018, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: SNAKEBIT on November 24, 2018, 11:46:39 AM

actually did you one better, we took the motor out of a prius it gets about 98 miles per gallon...
Oh, yea! Now I can have Shelby class AND get even BETTER MILEAGE that before! Gee, thanks Tony, you're the best.

SNAKEBIT

Mark, where is your post of your white car with the red interior. I've never seen a Shelby with a red interior. Do they have a name for this red, like they did with the white in calling it Parchment? This red interior was only available on the '69-'70 models?

Richstang

We'll need the experts help on this one as to the legitimacy of the 1 of 1 claim for a Gold '69 GT500. I'm doubtful.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bill

Quote from: Richstang on November 26, 2018, 09:55:00 PM
We'll need the experts help on this one as to the legitimacy of the 1 of 1 claim for a Gold '69 GT500. I'm doubtful.

This particular car is legit per Mongo. You will of course notice the factory installed power windows, and lack of a Cougar dash as mistakenly reported in one of the SAAC registries  8)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Alan

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on November 26, 2018, 09:17:24 PM
Mark, where is your post of your white car with the red interior. I've never seen a Shelby with a red interior. Do they have a name for this red, like they did with the white in calling it Parchment? This red interior was only available on the '69-'70 models?

The red was called Vermillion.
Max
'67    0029

FL SAAC

the last white or pastel colored 69/70  shelby with vermilion red interior we viewed was being sold by stephen becker who is on this forum.
possibly he may have some pictures on file and he can post.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: Bill on November 27, 2018, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: Richstang on November 26, 2018, 09:55:00 PM

This particular car is legit per Mongo. You will of course notice the factory installed power windows, and lack of a Cougar dash as mistakenly reported in one of the SAAC registries  8)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Mongo

Not until after the 2014 did we SAAC and I get any photos of Gold 1969 GT500 with gold door panels with power windows and Cougar gold seats supplied by SAAC member Bill to verify it did not have a Cougar dash as reported in previous Registry. I do believe the car was delivered to first owner in that Gold configuration ! Mongo.

markl350

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on November 26, 2018, 09:17:24 PM

I will check the original invoice and take some pictures when I get home tomorrow. According to the deluxe Marti report there were eight produced with the "Red Knit Vinyl Hi-Back Bucket Seats" of which 4 had the tilt-away steering wheel. Mine was built on 06/09/69.

Richstang

Quote from: Mongo on November 27, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
Not until after the 2014 did we SAAC and I get any photos of Gold 1969 GT500 with gold door panels with power windows and Cougar gold seats supplied by SAAC member Bill to verify it did not have a Cougar dash as reported in previous Registry. I do believe the car was delivered to first owner in that Gold configuration ! Mongo.

Mongo, thanks for confirming the '69 GT500 as a legit factory Gold painted / Gold interior car.
(and thanks to Bill for the photos)
8)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

+ 1 thank you

Quote from: Richstang on November 27, 2018, 02:56:42 PM
Quote from: Mongo on November 27, 2018, 09:15:27 AM

Mongo, thanks for confirming the '69 GT500 as a legit factory Gold painted / Gold interior car.
(and thanks to Bill for the photos)
8)

I have all UNGOLD cars