Author Topic: Show us your 1969/1970 Shelby  (Read 10613 times)

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
Re: Show us your 1969/1970 Shelby
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
I agree that they are all beautiful. There are some colors I would rather not end up with, like one of the two whites or the Jade Black. I like the Grabber colors, all the greens, all the blues and all the reds. I really like Grabber Green and the Competition Red. Maroon would not be my first choice, but I like it. Gulfstream Aqua and the Silver Jade are probably my favorites. You know, Cape Cod still has that '69 Grabber Yellow Hurst car that is still for sale. It's not a convertible and it's not my first choice of color, but I'd buy it, if I had the wherewithal to get it. I recently bought another 4-plex, so my finances are looking much better, but I still need a few more buildings, before I even THINK about buying a project car like that. I can't wait to see it finished by someone and I hope they take it back to it's factory state, well at least back to its original color. The Hurst cars are quite rare, among already rare cars! It would be a great purchase. A white interior would be nice, but I don't know what it came with, originally. This thread has been great.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

FL SAAC TONY

• original posts more than McDonalds over 1 billlion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:21 AM »
your wish has been granted !

I agree that they are all beautiful. There are some colors I would rather not end up with, like one of the two whites or the Jade Black. I like the Grabber colors, all the greens, all the blues and all the reds. I really like Grabber Green and the Competition Red. Maroon would not be my first choice, but I like it. Gulfstream Aqua and the Silver Jade are probably my favorites. You know, Cape Cod still has that '69 Grabber Yellow Hurst car that is still for sale. It's not a convertible and it's not my first choice of color, but I'd buy it, if I had the wherewithal to get it. I recently bought another 4-plex, so my finances are looking much better, but I still need a few more buildings, before I even THINK about buying a project car like that. I can't wait to see it finished by someone and I hope they take it back to it's factory state, well at least back to its original color. The Hurst cars are quite rare, among already rare cars! It would be a great purchase. A white interior would be nice, but I don't know what it came with, originally. This thread has been great.
These cars are meant to be driven, so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all clean. Carroll Shelby

follow us at FLORIDA SHELBY AMERICAN AUTOMOBILE CLUB

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
Wowwww! I'd really like to have a '70 Grabber Blue 'vert. Make it a GT350 for better gas mileage. Thanks a lot, Tony!

FL SAAC TONY

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »
Wowwww! I'd really like to have a '70 Grabber Blue 'vert. Make it a GT350 for better gas mileage. Thanks a lot, Tony!

actually did you one better, we took the motor out of a prius it gets about 98 miles per gallon...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:17:19 AM by FL SAAC TONY »
These cars are meant to be driven, so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all clean. Carroll Shelby

markl350

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »
Good looking! What color is it?

Sorry, we were away for the holiday.

It is Wimbledon White / blue stripe According to Marti one of 4 with a red interior.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2018, 09:15:47 PM »

actually did you one better, we took the motor out of a prius it gets about 98 miles per gallon...
Oh, yea! Now I can have Shelby class AND get even BETTER MILEAGE that before! Gee, thanks Tony, you're the best.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
Mark, where is your post of your white car with the red interior. I've never seen a Shelby with a red interior. Do they have a name for this red, like they did with the white in calling it Parchment? This red interior was only available on the '69-'70 models?

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2018, 09:55:00 PM »
We'll need the experts help on this one as to the legitimacy of the 1 of 1 claim for a Gold '69 GT500. I'm doubtful.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:57:13 PM by Richstang »

Bill

• Shelby Nut & man of my word
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »
We'll need the experts help on this one as to the legitimacy of the 1 of 1 claim for a Gold '69 GT500. I'm doubtful.

This particular car is legit per Mongo. You will of course notice the factory installed power windows, and lack of a Cougar dash as mistakenly reported in one of the SAAC registries  8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:21:45 AM by Bill »
"For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee"

John Donne

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2018, 12:42:13 AM »
Mark, where is your post of your white car with the red interior. I've never seen a Shelby with a red interior. Do they have a name for this red, like they did with the white in calling it Parchment? This red interior was only available on the '69-'70 models?

The red was called Vermillion.
Max
67    0029

FL SAAC TONY

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »
the last white or pastel colored 69/70  shelby with vermilion red interior we viewed was being sold by stephen becker who is on this forum.
possibly he may have some pictures on file and he can post.

FL SAAC TONY

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2018, 08:59:20 AM »
+ 1

This particular car is legit per Mongo. You will of course notice the factory installed power windows, and lack of a Cougar dash as mistakenly reported in one of the SAAC registries  8)

Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
Not until after the 2014 did we SAAC and I get any photos of Gold 1969 GT500 with gold door panels with power windows and Cougar gold seats supplied by SAAC member Bill to verify it did not have a Cougar dash as reported in previous Registry. I do believe the car was delivered to first owner in that Gold configuration ! Mongo.

markl350

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »

I will check the original invoice and take some pictures when I get home tomorrow. According to the deluxe Marti report there were eight produced with the "Red Knit Vinyl Hi-Back Bucket Seats" of which 4 had the tilt-away steering wheel. Mine was built on 06/09/69.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2018, 02:56:42 PM »
Not until after the 2014 did we SAAC and I get any photos of Gold 1969 GT500 with gold door panels with power windows and Cougar gold seats supplied by SAAC member Bill to verify it did not have a Cougar dash as reported in previous Registry. I do believe the car was delivered to first owner in that Gold configuration ! Mongo.

Mongo, thanks for confirming the '69 GT500 as a legit factory Gold painted / Gold interior car.
(and thanks to Bill for the photos)
 8)