News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Jack points on the GT 500 KR

Started by Steve Meltzer, November 29, 2023, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Meltzer

This was the first time that I put the KR on my two post list. It looks like both front and rear frame rails have holes machined into them. I'm guessing these are for factory or racing jacks of some sort. Is this correct? Here are some pictures. Thanks, Steve.

Steve Meltzer

Not sure why the other picture didn't go, but here it is.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Steve Meltzer on November 29, 2023, 09:10:07 PM
This was the first time that I put the KR on my two post list. It looks like both front and rear frame rails have holes machined into them. I'm guessing these are for factory or racing jacks of some sort. Is this correct? Here are some pictures. Thanks, Steve.
You guessed wrong but it was something in the same category. All Mustangs were put on a carriage that carried it along the assemblyline. Not a race jack mark.  During the painting process those places where it rode on the cart were highlighted because they were protected from the paint consequently leaving witness marks after the body was taken off the cart. They are seen on most original Mustangs and not just a Shelby thing.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Steve Meltzer

Bob, thanks again for the information which makes perfect sense to me. Steve