News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

George alderman car

Started by gt350shelb, November 28, 2023, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

This car has a very neat history , the race history and the connection to shelby team via Mark Donahue who was a friend of George. car is a collection of r model parts / rear axle / alum t10/ gauges/fuel tank / and a pair of original 289 cobra seats with tracks .  Car was sold when it was just an old race car  and buyer street raced it  till engine blew up and then parked it in driveway out side . Many individuals  tried to buy the car thru the years and the answer was always no ... Even when George A tried himself ......eventually the owner died .

His family did the right thing and called local junkyard to haul car away .

But someone saw it in yard and bought it.

word traveled fast and George and family hunted down the buyer and bought the car back .

I worked on the body and mechanical restoration of the car . When i removed the roll bar  it was paper thin tubing ......I asked George where it came from   ohh that was a garden gate we put in.
rules said there needed to be a bar but there were no required specs back then .....!
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

Bill

Phil,

Your archives are amazing, can't speak for others, but I appreciate you sharing them with us.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 28, 2023, 09:28:36 PM
This car has a very neat history , the race history and the connection to shelby team via Mark Donahue who was a friend of George. car is a collection of r model parts / rear axle / alum t10/ gauges/fuel tank / and a pair of original 289 cobra seats with tracks .  Car was sold when it was just an old race car  and buyer street raced it  till engine blew up and then parked it in driveway out side . Many individuals  tried to buy the car thru the years and the answer was always no ... Even when George A tried himself ......eventually the owner died .

His family did the right thing and called local junkyard to haul car away .

But someone saw it in yard and bought it.

word traveled fast and George and family hunted down the buyer and bought the car back .

I worked on the body and mechanical restoration of the car . When i removed the roll bar  it was paper thin tubing ......I asked George where it came from   ohh that was a garden gate we put in.
rules said there needed to be a bar but there were no required specs back then .....!

truly a rare one
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert