News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Syracuse Nationals

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, July 23, 2018, 08:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Just got back from the Syracuse Nationals. It is a giant car show, over 8,000 cars. Not the kind of show where a Shelby stands out, but a fantastic show for car nut. Didn't take my car, took my friend supercharged Hemi 67 Barracuda Fastback. We had an issue with the electric cooling fans (relay went bad) and parked it next to the Factory Five Display. They let us stay there the whole time and were great folks, they had several of their products on display, including a completed Cobra chassis. They also had a customers Cobra (yeah I know they can't call them a Cobra)  with a nitrous powered small block, said with all nitrous in it was over 1100 horsepower. Saw and took some pictures of a few real Shelby's and will try. and post them later today. Planning on going back next year and take my car. Real laid back kind of atmosphere but tons of stuff to see and do. Anyone else's been there? Is there a Shelby spot?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

KR500

We drove through Syracuse Saturday evening on the way back home from vacation. Classic cars were all over the place.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267