News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Boss 302 t/a 073

Started by gt350shelb, November 29, 2023, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

tesgt350

I notice that there are no Rear Quarter Marker Lights....... Why?  That would be a lot of work to remove them and weld up the holes.

shelbydoug

I would guess that those rear quarter panels only look like stock production fenders.

They are probably fabricated to make sure that the rear tires fit within the fenders with room to spare?

Look at the size of the rear tires. Those are hardly a tire that will fit within the rear fenders of a stock production '69 Boss regardless of what they did with the rear axle housings. You would need to relocate the rear springs to do that and the bottom pictures do not indicate that.

I can personally add that I have 295-50-15's on the rear of my '68 GT350 on 10 spokes that fit but there is a bit of a story on that so I suppose it is possible those are stock fenders on that T/A car but I doubt it?

By the same token, the front fenders are not likely to be stock fenders either but I have about the same tire fender coverage in the front on 235-60-15's?

Redoing factory sheet metal like fenders, is common place for NASCAR and is one of the reasons that NASCAR uses body patterns on cars going through TECH Inspection. The sheetmetal usually is all hand made counterfeits to look stock with "just a few little tweaks" here and there. In other words the teams cheated like crazy on those items.

Just my "educated guess". I can't prove this one way or the other but someone who actually worked on these cars "Restoring" them would have a much better perspective on that, like Phil.  ;)

Actually there is an undercarriage front shot that does show the adjustable ball joint kit installed and hanging out for you to see.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

tesgt350

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 30, 2023, 07:42:09 AM
I would guess that those rear quarter panels only look like stock production fenders.

They are probably fabricated to make sure that the rear tires fit within the fenders with room to spare?

Look at the size of the rear tires. Those are hardly a tire that will fit within the rear fenders of a stock production '69 Boss regardless of what they did with the rear axle housings. You would need to relocate the rear springs to do that and the bottom pictures do not indicate that.

By the same token, the front fenders are not likely to be stock fenders.

Redoing factory sheet metal like fenders, is common place for NASCAR and is one of the reasons that NASCAR uses body patterns on cars going through TECH Inspection. The sheetmetal usually is all hand made counterfeits to look stock with "just a few little tweaks" here and there. In other words the teams cheated like crazy on those items.

Just my "educated guess". I can't prove this one way or the other but someone who actually worked on these cars "Restoring" them would have a much better perspective on that, like Phil.  ;)

I'm sure you know this............ 1969 BOSS 302 Rear Quarters are different than the regular Mustang & Mach 1 Quarters as they have no Side Scoops.  Also 1969 BOSS 302 (maybe 1970 too) Front Fenders are different from regular Product Mustangs as the Wheel Opening Lips is Narrower for the Larger Tires, I the the same can be said for the Rears as well.   I am just curious why they removed the Rear Quarter Marker Light on this Car because Regular BOSS 302's have a Rear Quarter Panel Marker Light by the Rear Bumper.