News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Boss 302 t/a 073

Started by gt350shelb, November 29, 2023, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Agreed but on a pure race prepared car I would NEVER presume everything is "stock".

SOME teams were much more creative then others.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

TA Coupe

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 30, 2023, 07:42:09 AM
I would guess that those rear quarter panels only look like stock production fenders.

They are probably fabricated to make sure that the rear tires fit within the fenders with room to spare?

Look at the size of the rear tires. Those are hardly a tire that will fit within the rear fenders of a stock production '69 Boss regardless of what they did with the rear axle housings. You would need to relocate the rear springs to do that and the bottom pictures do not indicate that.

I can personally add that I have 295-50-15's on the rear of my '68 GT350 on 10 spokes that fit but there is a bit of a story on that so I suppose it is possible those are stock fenders on that T/A car but I doubt it?

By the same token, the front fenders are not likely to be stock fenders either but I have about the same tire fender coverage in the front.]

The bottom of the car is almost exactly the same as mine except I don't have the oil coolers. The rear fenders were stretched and flared and the insides were clearanced to the frame rail and narrow leaf springs were utilized. My Fronts were just flared for clearance. I have some pictures of the work done here  https://imgur.com/gallery/Ys6CstA.  There are also a couple of pics of George Follmers 70 and 71 TA Mustangs in the garage at the same time.

Roy

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

shelbydoug

What intake manifold is that? Is that the Shelby lettered 2x4 Holley?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1109RWHP

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 30, 2023, 07:22:15 AM
I notice that there are no Rear Quarter Marker Lights....... Why?  That would be a lot of work to remove them and weld up the holes.
You missed the front marker lamps and the door lock cylinder holes. The quarters were factory stampings but the front fenders and doors were stamped of thinner metal.

1109RWHP

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 30, 2023, 07:42:09 AM
I would guess that those rear quarter panels only look like stock production fenders.

They are probably fabricated to make sure that the rear tires fit within the fenders with room to spare?

Look at the size of the rear tires. Those are hardly a tire that will fit within the rear fenders of a stock production '69 Boss regardless of what they did with the rear axle housings. You would need to relocate the rear springs to do that and the bottom pictures do not indicate that.

I can personally add that I have 295-50-15's on the rear of my '68 GT350 on 10 spokes that fit but there is a bit of a story on that so I suppose it is possible those are stock fenders on that T/A car but I doubt it?

By the same token, the front fenders are not likely to be stock fenders either but I have about the same tire fender coverage in the front on 235-60-15's?

Redoing factory sheet metal like fenders, is common place for NASCAR and is one of the reasons that NASCAR uses body patterns on cars going through TECH Inspection. The sheetmetal usually is all hand made counterfeits to look stock with "just a few little tweaks" here and there. In other words the teams cheated like crazy on those items.

Just my "educated guess". I can't prove this one way or the other but someone who actually worked on these cars "Restoring" them would have a much better perspective on that, like Phil.  ;)

Actually there is an undercarriage front shot that does show the adjustable ball joint kit installed and hanging out for you to see.

The front fenders and quarters are flared. The rear springs are only 1 3/4" wide to make room for the tires.

gt350shelb

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 30, 2023, 05:26:25 PM
Is it real or is it Memorex? http://www.ponysite.de/transam.htm VIN 148627

I can confirm that 628 is likely  repaired from 629 ... the car was spliced  down center to rear torque box . including the roll cage :o the cage and all is cut from another car .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

somewhere i have photo of 073  being loaded with a forklift  as a bare shell
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

TA Coupe

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 30, 2023, 06:56:31 PM

67 TA 2X4 INTAKE with no letters or numbers. 465 cfm carbs built by the Carb Shop in Ontario California. They have you fill out a questionnaire about your car and engine and build your carb with that information. I got the carbs back and they were right on the money.

Roy
Overkill is just enough.

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA Coupe on December 01, 2023, 05:11:20 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on November 30, 2023, 06:56:31 PM

67 TA 2X4 INTAKE with no letters or numbers. 465 cfm carbs built by the Carb Shop in Ontario California. They have you fill out a questionnaire about your car and engine and build your carb with that information. I got the carbs back and they were right on the money.

Roy

The pictures of your engine showed B2 heads, did they not? At least those Shelby valve covers were for Cleveland heads weren't they?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA Coupe

Go back and read what I wrote about the engine. Here is a picture of the head that is on it.

Roy
Overkill is just enough.