News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Alternator adjuster arm bolt/washer hardware question

Started by 430dragpack, November 15, 2022, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

430dragpack

What is the correct bolt/washer combo for a 67 GT500 alternator adjuster arm?  The picture of a bolt is what I'm referencing, it's a 67 427 set up that used the same two brackets as the GT500 non thermactor. Since I'm asking, what are the two bolts like that hold the brackets to the waterpump?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on November 15, 2022, 07:40:25 PM
What is the correct bolt/washer combo for a 67 GT500 alternator adjuster arm?  The picture of a bolt is what I'm referencing, it's a 67 427 set up that used the same two brackets as the GT500 non thermactor. Since I'm asking, what are the two bolts like that hold the brackets to the waterpump?
That is the typical bolt used on both applications. It should be silver zinc.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 15, 2022, 09:14:12 PM

Thank you, Sir!  Yes, the bolt in the picture did appear to be silver zinc, down on the threads still.  I just want to be clear in what you are saying, is that style of bolt also was used to hold the brackets to the water pump.   The large washer appears to be possibly bare steel, is that typically the correct finish?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on November 15, 2022, 09:37:45 PM

Thank you, Sir!  Yes, the bolt in the picture did appear to be silver zinc, down on the threads still.  I just want to be clear in what you are saying, is that style of bolt also was used to hold the brackets to the water pump.   The large washer appears to be possibly bare steel, is that typically the correct finish?
Bolt and thick washer are both zinc. The other bolts mentioned at the waterpump for the bracket are the castle head style.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 16, 2022, 01:58:32 PM
Quote from: 430dragpack on November 15, 2022, 09:37:45 PM

Bolt and thick washer are both zinc. The other bolts mentioned at the waterpump for the bracket are the castle head style.

Thanks again, and that's what I was thinking for the bracket bolts, but wanted confirmation.