News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

'67 Nightmist over Parchment

Started by 2112, July 26, 2018, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian forwarded this earlier,

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1967-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-1847.aspx?LMC_eMailer=1

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

1 Of Only 29 Factory Built With This Color Combination
     Highly Desirable Factory Nightmist Blue Metallic
     Ultra Rare Factory Parchment Décor Interior
     Factory 428ci Dual Quad Police Interceptor
     Factory 4 Speed Transmission
     Fully And Completely Documented
     No Expense Spared Rotisserie Restored
     Considered To Be The Most Collectible Combination

LMC is very proud to offer for sale this 1967 Shelby GT500

As the muscle era was heating up Chevrolet released the all new Camaro, which called for an upgrade to the Mustang to compete. As with before, Carroll Shelby was called upon to ready to boost Mustangs performance reputation. For 1967 Shelby GT500 was the first time a 428 engine would be available in a Mustang, which gac. This beautiful 1967 Shelby GT500 is a terrific example of the model. To some it's the ultimate muscle car/grand tourer, others love it for being the first Mustang to be powered by the 428. While many others just love it for the beautiful, powerful styling and Legendary name associated with it. Whether you're a collector or enthusiast, and whatever your reasoning, there is no denying that they are one of the most iconic muscle cars of all time.

This GT-500 completed the assembly process 01/13/1967 and was sent to Sanders Motor Company in Raleigh, North Carolina. It arrived at the dealer appearing as many believe a Shelby should have, factory Dark 'Nightmist Blue" Metallic with ultra rare factory Parchment deluxe interior, the same livery the car features today. Powered by the 428 cubic inch Police Interceptor motor with twin 4bbl carburetors and a factory ordered 4-speed Top Loader transmission. Making this car even more special are the other options such as the famous and very collectible "Inboard" headlights, Magstar wheels with Speedway bias ply tires, fold down rear seat, power steering, power front disc brakes, factory roll bar with shoulder harnesses, under dash gauges, 140 mile speedo and 8,000 rpm tach and interior décor group. This car has been the recipient of a no expense spared rotisserie restoration to a show quality condition. The undercarriage has been detailed with factory style red oxide primer, overspray and paint daubs. 

This Shelby GT-500 it is of course listed in the Shelby Registry and comes with complete bulletproof documentation from Marti Auto Works. The body and paint showing spectacularly well, ready to be shown or enjoyed as part of a collection. Beautiful, detailed restoration, fully documented and well equipped are all the elements making this an extremely desirable collector car, add to this the history of being an original Shelby GT-500 and you have one of the most desirable and sought-after muscle cars of all time. Only 29 factory Nightmist Blue with parchment interior cars were ever built, this is certainly a unique opportunity as how many can be left today?

Richstang

Hey!!!

I think this was Powell's old car #0624.

Sure looks nice in the photos!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Hockeylife

If it is 0624, what do you guys know of this car? Thanks

rcgt350

Not to sure about the exhaust system ?
GT500 decals too.

Shouldn't it have the chrome exhaust valence trim?

JD

Quote from: rcgt350 on July 27, 2018, 01:31:34 AM
Not to sure about the exhaust system ?
GT500 decals too.

Quote from: 557 on July 27, 2018, 05:57:45 AM
Shouldn’t it have the chrome exhaust valence trim?

a few details...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

gt350cs

If my records are accurate there were only 16 Nightmist blue Parchment Interior that came with Thermactor.

Shouldn't it have steel framed hood/deck lid as well?

gt350cs

Bigger issue to me would be the missing smog. Hard to find items that changed during production can take some time and money to get right.

Richstang

Quote from: gt350cs on July 27, 2018, 10:16:53 AM
If my records are accurate there were only 16 Nightmist blue Parchment Interior that came with Thermactor.

I show the same numbers, but the 16 is with a 4-speed and Thermactor

(Add 8 more with an auto and Thermactor for a total of 24 with the Thermactor system)

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Quote from: gt350cs on July 27, 2018, 10:39:24 AM
Bigger issue to me would be the missing smog. Hard to find items that changed during production can take some time and money to get right.
.  Just curious,was smog required on a car originally sold in N.C.?

gt350cs

Most likely smog was not required, as I see only this one other car having factory smog going to North Carolina number 922. All others are non-smog cars.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on July 27, 2018, 10:50:21 AM
Quote from: gt350cs on July 27, 2018, 10:39:24 AM
.  Just curious,was smog required on a car originally sold in N.C.?
If a car was already built and had smog  (like most of them were done)  sending it to a state that didn't require smog because the engine or paint interior combination was requested by the dealer was considered no harm no foul by SA.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

I wonder why LMC never gives the car # of their Shelby Mustangs.