News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Look what a friend sent me.

Started by BGlover67, July 27, 2018, 04:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on August 05, 2018, 09:16:34 PM
You know a story has come full circle when it shows up as a link at the bottom of one of those click bait websites.  Gotta love the title on it though:

https://95octane.com/2018/07/30/1965-shelby-cobra-bear-attack/

1965 Shelby Cobra Mauled by Asshole Bear

Bears. As cool as they are, they can be complete assholes. They regularly eat post offices and Outbacks here in Colorado. They go through the trash, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. Despite being cute, they will eat you too if cornered. Killing Subarus is one thing. They are literally everywhere in Colorado. Killing a 1965 Shelby Cobra, on the other hand, is well... over the line.

Sadly, that's exactly what happened to Tom Cotter, the host of a show on Hagerty called Barn Find Hunter. He was taking an epic Alaskan road trip in his 1965 Shelby Cobra. Cotter had the top up because they had to drive through an area where rocks were known to fall. But when he went to park the car with the roof up, he apparently had forgotten about some Fig Newtons he had in the car.

The only thing between the Grizzly bear and those Fig Newtons was the Shelby's original 1965 convertible top. The bear wasted no time opening that old vinyl to get at the yummy cookies inside. The car was mostly fine other than the top.

"The car's top had survived 53 years unscathed, but couldn't make it 11 days in Alaska," Cotter says. "I've got bigger problems, anyway. My clutch hydraulics went out, so I've convinced a guy to let me borrow his airplane hangar for a bit to fix things. I've got work to do."

Loving the title, indeed.  At least they were honest!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

I was just saying this.
People got to drive their old stuff.
I was picking up my BBQ in my 55 after a whole day in my 65.
Going the other way at 8pm were a couple in a blue Dino.

Go drive them!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI