News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Early GT 350 Hood to Cowl Ground Strap

Started by DGSOH, July 28, 2018, 01:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGSOH

Was it typical for the copper ground strap mounted on the passenger side of the cowl sort of clamping the hood to cowl weather strip, intended to ground the hood I assume, be left on at SA? You would think there would be a good path to ground through the hinges. NOTE: I'm assuming (dangerous business I know) it came on the car from Ford.

Thanks -

DGSOH

Bob Gaines

Quote from: DGSOH on July 28, 2018, 01:33:13 PM
Was it typical for the copper ground strap mounted on the passenger side of the cowl sort of clamping the hood to cowl weather strip, intended to ground the hood I assume, be left on at SA? You would think there would be a good path to ground through the hinges. NOTE: I'm assuming (dangerous business I know) it came on the car from Ford.

Thanks -

DGSOH
The regular Mustang ground strap was left on the Shelby's all through production. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

What is shown is how there were/are typically found - spanning across the production year. Hopes this helps

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

DGSOH

Got it - thanks Bob & Jeff.

Just want to understand and make sure I'm not putting something back that doesn't belong. Like I said before, making assumptions is dangerous business and particularly with these cars it seems.

Thanks -

DGSOH

J_Speegle

Quote from: DGSOH on July 28, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
Just want to understand and make sure I'm not putting something back that doesn't belong. Like I said before, making assumptions is dangerous business and particularly with these cars it seems.

At this point/detail at least is a bolt on item that can be added or removed based on the education and sharing.  Unlike things like paint, welds, sealants and sound deadener that can not be so easily fix  :'(
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge