News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gateway classics advertisement of 1967 GT500 #528 as Shelby installed 427?

Started by 1967 eight barrel, July 29, 2018, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1967 eight barrel

I looked at my older world registry and I see nothing indicating car #528 being an original 427 car. The asking price is 350K.
Anyone know anything about this vehicle?

BGlover67

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/DEN/207/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500

Notice they are saying 'dealer installed 427' as opposed to it being done in the factory.  Much harder to document that, so I think Gateway is being a bit loose with the description here.  By the looks of the ad, it seems they are trying to say that it has a Marti indicating as much.  I'd ask for a copy if it.

Edit: sorry, I just realized they include a Marti in the ad and it doesn't confirm anything they say. That's a lot of money for a suspect swapped out engine. Also, it's no 2528
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Yes, I could've sworn this car was originally listed for $500K.   :o
Nothing beats a classic!

Quote from: BGlover67 on July 29, 2018, 09:03:04 AM
http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/DEN/207/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500

Notice they are saying 'dealer installed 427' as opposed to it being done in the factory.  Much harder to document that, so I think Gateway is being a bit loose with the description here.  By the looks of the ad, it seems they are trying to say that it has a Marti indicating as much.  I'd ask for a copy if it.

Edit: sorry, I just realized they include a Marti in the ad and it doesn't confirm anything they say. That's a lot of money for a suspect swapped out engine. Also, it's no 2528
.  Doesn't say what dealer installed it....them???

67_1183

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on July 29, 2018, 09:33:22 AM
Yes, I could've sworn this car was originally listed for $500K.   :o

In January is was listed at $469K.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

1967 eight barrel

I called for the vin. He ourright lied about the 427 on the phone. I looked in the registry. No mention of this. The other dishonest on is on ebay. Claims 4248 miles. Claims original paint survivor. It's a repaint. ( no black out on rocker) frame rail damage and evidence of pulled right frame rail. 275k. He said he based his price on Barret-Jackson sales.

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bigfoot

As we all know
Regardless of make or model there are always Cars that supposedly were born with parts that were not actually there day1.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Dizzy

Gateway is like a real estate business for houses. They just list it and repeat what they are told. They get 15% minimum to sell your car. I fill out the forms and they sell it. The OWNER is responsible for information provided,not Gateway. The one near me is very well run and has very nice building and always changing inventory. I think they can sell cars for more because they can get most people financed. Bottom line is you need to get the info you need from the owner and in writing. JMO

mark p

Quote from: Dizzy on July 30, 2018, 07:58:53 AM
Gateway is like a real estate business for houses. They just list it and repeat what they are told. They get 15% minimum to sell your car. I fill out the forms and they sell it. The OWNER is responsible for information provided,not Gateway. The one near me is very well run and has very nice building and always changing inventory. I think they can sell cars for more because they can get most people financed. Bottom line is you need to get the info you need from the owner and in writing. JMO

+1, that agrees with what I've seen elsewhere.
The guys at the "Philadelphia" showroom (in South NJ) seem like real enthusiasts... but everything is for Sale on Consignment
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird