Author Topic: 1966 GT350 Docs  (Read 8971 times)

JohnnyQuest

• I cut it twice and it's still too short!
    • View Profile
1966 GT350 Docs
« on: July 30, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »
Been a while but I'm back! Looking at a 66 GT350 and curious if the Registrar still provides docs?

Thanks, Randy
zero
Looking for another 2008 Red KR

gt350cs

• View Profile
Re: 1966 GT350 Docs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
I am sure that if he has them he will make available. Always great to work with Howard.

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »
+1 Howard is very helpful
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
+2
Howard is Great!

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
Howard,

You really need to quit posting using fake user names!!!!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »
LOL!!!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »
Description of Howard
He is the pinnacle of perfection, the standard by which others are judged, the person by which I emulate my own life, he is a “god” among mortals, but with a small “g” because he is humble
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:10:36 PM by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas »
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 07:00:57 PM »
Description of Howard
He is the pinnacle of perfection, the standard by which others are judged, the person by which I emulate my own life, he is a “god” among mortals, but with a small “g” because he is humble

Love it, champion!
6S373
6S1276

JohnnyQuest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 10:14:08 PM »
So how do I get a hold of him? Before the forum died there was a Registrar button for each group...

PM is fine too  8)
zero

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 03:53:40 AM »
So how do I get a hold of him? Before the forum died there was a Registrar button for each group...

PM is fine too  8)

Pm sent
6S373
6S1276

JohnnyQuest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
Thanks!
zero

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I got to tell this story.....

Yes, Howard Pardee is amazing.

I got in touch with him several months back about a letter I wrote to him 22 years ago about a '66 Hertz that I knew about sitting behind a mobile home that I really, really wanted but with small girls in elementary school and just a "regular" paying job, theres no way I could ever afford it. And the owner would not budge off $16K, yes $16K.  I couldn't of afford it anyway :( 

I kept up with it off-and-on for about 5 years till one day I went by and the Hertz was gone and during the time I seen it last, the owner died. His neighbor said someone had bought it out of state.

Man, I was crushed thinking I don't know where the Shelby went and I lost all close attachment to it.

During the several years of my knowledge of it, I did get the Ford VIN from the fender aprons because the fenders were not mounted due to a minor crash years before and also knew the Shelby VIN as well from the tag.

Fast forward to several months back, I got in touch with Howard through his email. I explained who I was and about the '66 Hertz that I wrote that letter to him 22 years earlier  to confirm the ford VIN and Shelby tag match.

I explained to Howard that I didn't remember the Ford or Shelby VIN, but I could tell him who the owner was.

This is where it get pretty darn amazing.
Howard did indeed email me back about 3 days later and said he went to his files and dug up my old letter I wrote him 22 years ago!!! 

He explained to me that the Hertz was bought by this individual (he told me his name) and him and his son races it in SCCA and other vintage racing.

Howard went on to say he is going to forward my touching letter to this Man that I wrote Howard earlier this year about the whereabouts of the Hertz.

Now, I know the owner and know he races it around the country. If I ever want to see this Hertz again, I know how to get in touch with the present owner.

My hats off to Howard and his amazing work of keeping such wonderful records and willing to help me find the Shelby I fell in love with 22 years ago.

Cool Stuff ;)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:46:40 PM by 69mach351w »

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 11:54:47 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I got to tell this story.....

Yes, Howard Pardee is amazing.

I got in touch with him several months back about a letter I wrote to him 22 years ago about a '66 Hertz that I knew about sitting behind a mobile home that I really, really wanted but with small girls in elementary school and just a "regular" paying job, theres no way I could ever afford it. And the owner would not budge off $16K, yes $16K.  I couldn't of afford it anyway :( 

I kept up with it off-and-on for about 5 years till one day I went by and the Hertz was gone and during the time I seen it last, the owner died. His neighbor said someone had bought it out of state.

Man, I was crushed thinking I don't know where the Shelby went and I lost all close attachment to it.

During the several years of my knowledge of it, I did get the Ford VIN from the fender aprons because the fenders were not mounted due to a minor crash years before and also knew the Shelby VIN as well from the tag.

Fast forward to several months back, I got in touch with Howard through his email. I explained who I was and about the '66 Hertz that I wrote that letter to him 22 years earlier  to confirm the ford VIN and Shelby tag match.

I explained to Howard that I didn't remember the Ford or Shelby VIN, but I could tell him who the owner was.

This is where it get pretty darn amazing.
Howard did indeed email me back about 3 days later and said he went to his files and dug up my old letter I wrote him 22 years ago!!! 

He explained to me that the Hertz was bought by this individual (he told me his name) and him and his son races it in SCCA and other vintage racing.

Howard went on to say he is going to forward my touching letter to this Man that I wrote Howard earlier this year about the whereabouts of the Hertz.

Now, I know the owner and know he races it around the country. If I ever want to see this Hertz again, I know how to get in touch with the present owner.

My hats off to Howard and his amazing work of keeping such wonderful records and willing to help me find the Shelby I fell in love with 22 years ago.

Cool Stuff ;)

What a great story!  Truly, the people that I've met through the Shelby community are top-notch (registrar or not).  I was telling a buddy today how I've had 2 different people from the old forum read my posts and PM me to ask for my mailing address.  Both times, I received a large manila folder with information about the dealership that my car was originally sold through, as well as detailed documents showing the differences between the assembly line / Shelby assembly manuals for early 67 cars.  Both times I offered money in return, and both times I was met with "No worries - enjoy!"  And, there are plenty more similar stories I could share.

A first class group of people for sure!
Nothing beats a classic!

JohnnyQuest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 11:26:02 PM »
He hasn't responded yet.........maybe someone can let him know I'm asking for some information?

Cheers, Randy
zero

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 11:32:25 PM »
He's still on the road returning from SAAC 43....without wifi  !!