Author Topic: 1966 GT350 Docs  (Read 8969 times)

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Re: 1966 GT350 Docs
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
He's still on the road returning from SAAC 43....without wifi  !!

Yeah and I’ll bet it’s hard to hear email phone notifications in the R!  8)
6S373
6S1276

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
Be patient Grasshopper! I am sure he is simply very busy at the moment, but will get back to you as soon as he can. You will not be disappointed in what he has available and in doing business with him.

I recently received original paperwork from Dave Mathews on two of our cars and learned that when they were sold new from S&C Motors - San Francisco and Holiday Ford - Sunnyvale, the original owners lived less than two miles from one another in Santa Clara.

I wonder if they ever met. I have not been able to locate either of them even in looking since about 1980.

Once again Howard is a great guy to work with.

Dennis

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I got to tell this story.....

Yes, Howard Pardee is amazing.

I got in touch with him several months back about a letter I wrote to him 22 years ago about a '66 Hertz that I knew about sitting behind a mobile home that I really, really wanted but with small girls in elementary school and just a "regular" paying job, theres no way I could ever afford it. And the owner would not budge off $16K, yes $16K.  I couldn't of afford it anyway :( 

I kept up with it off-and-on for about 5 years till one day I went by and the Hertz was gone and during the time I seen it last, the owner died. His neighbor said someone had bought it out of state.

Man, I was crushed thinking I don't know where the Shelby went and I lost all close attachment to it.

During the several years of my knowledge of it, I did get the Ford VIN from the fender aprons because the fenders were not mounted due to a minor crash years before and also knew the Shelby VIN as well from the tag.

Fast forward to several months back, I got in touch with Howard through his email. I explained who I was and about the '66 Hertz that I wrote that letter to him 22 years earlier  to confirm the ford VIN and Shelby tag match.

I explained to Howard that I didn't remember the Ford or Shelby VIN, but I could tell him who the owner was.

This is where it get pretty darn amazing.
Howard did indeed email me back about 3 days later and said he went to his files and dug up my old letter I wrote him 22 years ago!!! 

He explained to me that the Hertz was bought by this individual (he told me his name) and him and his son races it in SCCA and other vintage racing.

Howard went on to say he is going to forward my touching letter to this Man that I wrote Howard earlier this year about the whereabouts of the Hertz.

Now, I know the owner and know he races it around the country. If I ever want to see this Hertz again, I know how to get in touch with the present owner.

My hats off to Howard and his amazing work of keeping such wonderful records and willing to help me find the Shelby I fell in love with 22 years ago.

Cool Stuff ;)

What a great story!  Truly, the people that I've met through the Shelby community are top-notch (registrar or not).  I was telling a buddy today how I've had 2 different people from the old forum read my posts and PM me to ask for my mailing address.  Both times, I received a large manila folder with information about the dealership that my car was originally sold through, as well as detailed documents showing the differences between the assembly line / Shelby assembly manuals for early 67 cars.  Both times I offered money in return, and both times I was met with "No worries - enjoy!"  And, there are plenty more similar stories I could share.

A first class group of people for sure!
That's Awesome Stuff!! 8)

6s1139

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
What a great story!  Truly, the people that I've met through the Shelby community are top-notch (registrar or not).  I was telling a buddy today how I've had 2 different people from the old forum read my posts and PM me to ask for my mailing address.  Both times, I received a large manila folder with information about the dealership that my car was originally sold through, as well as detailed documents showing the differences between the assembly line / Shelby assembly manuals for early 67 cars.  Both times I offered money in return, and both times I was met with "No worries - enjoy!"  And, there are plenty more similar stories I could share.

Agree 100%, we all want the history on our cars and sometimes it turns up unexpectedly

A while ago I was chatting with Scott at Cobra Automotive when ordering some bits (conversation came up about my car, I knew it had been through their shop around 10 years earlier) - Scott had a quick think, does a bit of digging and then sends me around 35 photos on when it was inspected etc (and by our very own Howard)

Was fantastic - these are now the earliest pics of have of the car, so really appreciated

cheers

greg

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

Agree 100%, we all want the history on our cars and sometimes it turns up unexpectedly

A while ago I was chatting with Scott at Cobra Automotive when ordering some bits (conversation came up about my car, I knew it had been through their shop around 10 years earlier) - Scott had a quick think, does a bit of digging and then sends me around 35 photos on when it was inspected etc (and by our very own Howard)

Was fantastic - these are now the earliest pics of have of the car, so really appreciated

cheers

greg

That's SO awesome!  Thanks for sharing, and the picture as well!
Nothing beats a classic!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:57 PM »
the original owners lived less than two miles from one another in Santa Clara.
I sold an E Jag to a guy from England. Turned out it was originally sold by the dealer he lives 5 miles from. It was well traveled. A serviceman bought it while stationed in England - took it to Germany with him - back to Washington DC - into retirement in FL. Died then estate sale to a guy in NV then me in CA and finally back to England.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JohnnyQuest

• I cut it twice and it's still too short!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 04:57:28 PM »
Grasshopper is still waiting...now August 14th.

zero
Looking for another 2008 Red KR

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 04:09:53 AM »
The month before and after a convention are extremely busy for the guys at SAAC HQ. Do not get discouraged. Howard really is a great guy and will be happy to help you when he can. If you haven’t heard from him in a few more weeks I’d send him another message. It’s possible that some of his correspondence either gets lost or overlooked at this busy time.

Steve

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 10:08:55 AM »
Steve is right. I am sure that you will find Howard to be very helpful once he can clear his plate. Please don't be to discouraged by his lack of response.

JohnnyQuest

• I cut it twice and it's still too short!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
Yep, he came through............I'm impatient I know.

Thanks
zero
Looking for another 2008 Red KR

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »
Glad to hear!

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile