Author Topic: oil sending unit question  (Read 1658 times)

66thunder

• View Profile
oil sending unit question
« on: July 30, 2018, 05:04:16 PM »
Need to be educated.  Are there two sending units on the block for a gt350?  My oil dash light is on, and my pod gauge is pegged all the way over.  I understand the sending units are different for a dash light vs an electrical gauge type. One unit doesn't connect to both, do they?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: oil sending unit question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Need to be educated.  Are there two sending units on the block for a gt350?  My oil dash light is on, and my pod gauge is pegged all the way over.  I understand the sending units are different for a dash light vs an electrical gauge type. One unit doesn't connect to both, do they?
The sender on a 69/70 Shelby measures the oil pressure. It doe not turn on the idiot light. There is no idiot light in a 69/70 Shelby. Sometimes PO's feel compelled to add things that were not original to the car . A idiot light and sender would be one of those things. The correct oil pressure sender in bell shaped see picture . The idiot light sender is much smaller and about a little large size of a quarter in diameter and not very tall.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby