News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hertz Lemans stripe paint code

Started by Shawn, August 01, 2018, 06:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Any current paint code information available for the Gold Hertz Stripes?  I do have the registry if whats shown on p. 723 is current

Thanks

98SVT - was 06GT

Haven't looked at 723. But if it's mixing bronze powder in clear that is the formula that showed up in early SA paperwork that SAAC first published in the Marque (along with correct stripe dimensions). From what I understand you'll need to find someone good with new paints/formulas to get it right.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 01, 2018, 09:36:12 PM
Haven't looked at 723. But if it's mixing bronze powder in clear that is the formula that showed up in early SA paperwork that SAAC first published in the Marque (along with correct stripe dimensions). From what I understand you'll need to find someone good with new paints/formulas to get it right.
The problem with the bronze powder is that sometimes it will oxidize inside the clear that it is suspended in. That can look very bad. That is why people have moved to more modern paint equivalent.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shawn

Does anyone know the modern paint code for the gold stripe color?  My paint shop is asking me to provide this info so they get it correct.

Thanks

6S1568

Several of us have used DuPont Centari 43496-AM on our stripes. Its Inca Gold Metallic. Someone on the old site made the suggestion to use it a couple years back. I have it on 6S1568 and it shows very nicely.

NC TRACKRAT

We used the Centari over good 'ol acrylic enamel on 6S1487 Hertz and it turned out nicely.
5S071, 6S1467

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Used the same on my car looks good, but I'm not sure if it meets concurs quality
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎