News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 #2798 Worldwide Auctions August 23 in Monterey

Started by Richstang, August 02, 2018, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

not mine....

"Offered here today is a 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback showing just 77,000 miles on it. The exterior is clad in highly attractive Nightmist Blue paint, which further accentuates the formidable overall look of this GT500. Combine this with racing stripes and the factory Shelby 10-spoke wheels, and it becomes very obvious that this car means business. Looking at the interior of the car will reveal the all original black vinyl upholstery and carpeting. It is a well-known fact that Shelby cars were not known for being heavily optioned, however this GT500 is equipped with power steering and power brakes as well as a functioning factory AM radio. Other features include a fold-down rear seat, an all original roll bar, and factory-installed shoulder harnesses. This car even retains its original Shelby VIN plate, numbered at 2798."

No photos of the engine, chassis, or VIN tag (noted as original). No Marti report or other documents noted either.
They didn't have any problem listing the Ford VIN???
I guess they don't have a good understanding of the Shelby market.

http://www.worldwide-auctioneers.com/auctions/details.cfm?vehicleID=51&id=64

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bigfoot

These are the same guys had a 65 for sale and used pics of another car.
Unfortunately lost on our old site (the discussion about it).
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350cs

Thought that I found another CA black plate, but this car was shipped to Dockery Ford - Morristown, NJ on 6/21/67.

Oh well, still looking for the real thing.....

Ford VIN in text does not look complete.

Richstang

The mildew on the back seat is not a good sign.

Check out the bright gold paint inside the trunk on the wheel wells...WOW!

JD

Quote from: Richstang on August 02, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

Yes, what's with that??
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

sfm5s081

I own the car and WW has completely destroyed the copy. I swear they have the biggest idiots who can't even copy and paste the detailed info. So here's the info. I will post additional photos as requested, including the original vin tag. Out of long time retirement

1) Original engine and trans (date coded)
2) The car is originally lime gold; now night mist blue with white stripes. The paint job is a horrible late 70s respray
3) Complete colonoscopy/verification and tuneup via Steve Beck.
4) 5 original 10 spokes
5) CA black plates currently; I live in Los Angeles
6) Added aux fuel pump
7) Wrong, old tires
8) Traction bars
9) Many SAAC entrances on the east coast
10) Clean black vinyl interior - no mold
11) New radiator (Had to replace the original date coded one)
12) Original glass, radio (works), seatbelts, etc

It's a hell of a driver, I'm contemplating driving it to Monterey.

Post questions or email me: jay@melcoproperties.com     

capecodmustang.com

I use to own this 67 a couple years ago....

It's in nice driver condition with pretty good integrity.
The next owner could use it for years without any worries....

Bret

shelbydoug

Quote from: Richstang on August 02, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

You can't use Armoral on the interior. All it is, is mildew in a spray bottle. Maybe it will work in Death Valley though if the glass doesn't blow out of the car from thermal expansion?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Richstang

Hi Jay,

I didn't know this was a SAAC forum members car. We all would be more careful in posting comments if that was known.
Good to hear your GT500 has the original engine and 4spd trans. That should get some attention.
If you could post of photo of the VIN tag that would be great! I assume it has a "Z" stamp in front of the VIN.
Do you have a Marti report or other documents. Those are always welcomed to see in a sales ad / auction.

Here's the link to Bret's listing photo's from a few years ago.
http://www.capecodmustang.com/photo.php?directory=cars/2016_inventory/1967_lime_gold_gt500/
Notice the rear seat is folded down.

ShelbyDoug,
It's only 127 degrees in Death Valley...it's a dry heat as the locals say.
Hopefully most people know Armoral is not a good product to use on vinyl/rubber.
We're told it dries them out instead of moisturizing them...and specifically do NOT use on tires!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Richstang on August 03, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
Hi Jay,

I didn't know this was a SAAC forum members car. We all would be more careful in posting comments if that was known.
Good to hear your GT500 has the original engine and 4spd trans. That should get some attention.
If you could post of photo of the VIN tag that would be great! I assume it has a "Z" stamp in front of the VIN.
Do you have a Marti report or other documents. Those are always welcomed to see in a sales ad / auction.

Here's the link to Bret's listing photo's from a few years ago.
http://www.capecodmustang.com/photo.php?directory=cars/2016_inventory/1967_lime_gold_gt500/
Notice the rear seat is folded down.

ShelbyDoug,
It's only 127 degrees in Death Valley...it's a dry heat as the locals say.
Hopefully most people know Armoral is not a good product to use on vinyl/rubber.
We're told it dries them out instead of moisturizing them...and specifically do NOT use on tires!

You can actually grow mushrooms out of it. Did you know that it was invented by Hurst? The Hurst shifter guy?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

Jay, were those stickers on the passenger window when you bought it? Seems I've seen them somewhere else...

~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Quote from: gt350cs on August 02, 2018, 09:49:42 PM
Thought that I found another CA black plate, but this car was shipped to Dockery Ford - Morristown, NJ on 6/21/67.

.   Those ca. Black plates would not be correct letters for original 1967 plates....

Quote from: gt350cs on August 02, 2018, 09:49:42 PM

Are you keeping track of black plate cars? I have one. Still have one of the original plates too

gt350cs

Yes I am creating a data base of confirmed first issue plates for 1963-1970 Cobras and Shelby Mustangs. Not just California, but all states are going to be included.

Anyone with information, please let me know.

By the way, does anyone know what 1965 GT350 carried the plates RNZ 364. I have a picture of the car taken at a car Show at the Reedley College (Reedley, CA) in about 1982. It was a local car to the area at that time.

Thanks,

Dennis