News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 #2798 Worldwide Auctions August 23 in Monterey

Started by Richstang, August 02, 2018, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350cs

I do not gave 6S409 in the Data Base currently. Can you provide the information and verification?

Thanks,

Dennis

sfm5s081

Quote from: Richstang on August 03, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
Hi Jay,

I didn't know this was a SAAC forum members car. We all would be more careful in posting comments if that was known.
Good to hear your GT500 has the original engine and 4spd trans. That should get some attention.
If you could post of photo of the VIN tag that would be great! I assume it has a "Z" stamp in front of the VIN.
Do you have a Marti report or other documents. Those are always welcomed to see in a sales ad / auction.

Here's the link to Bret's listing photo's from a few years ago.
http://www.capecodmustang.com/photo.php?directory=cars/2016_inventory/1967_lime_gold_gt500/
Notice the rear seat is folded down.

ShelbyDoug,
It's only 127 degrees in Death Valley...it's a dry heat as the locals say.
Hopefully most people know Armoral is not a good product to use on vinyl/rubber.
We're told it dries them out instead of moisturizing them...and specifically do NOT use on tires!

Hey Rich, no need to apologize! In fact I prefer the criticism; both positive and negative. I'm not out to screw anybody and this site is a wealth of knowledge. So anything people point out that is wrong I will try to correct. Like I said, this is anything but a perfect car. Like Brett said, "a great driver!" And it sure is. About the only thing the car needs is new tires. I really am contemplating on driving it to Monterey as it's only about 250 miles. I took my 55 Porsche speedster about 5 years back. After watching a few of the other cars bring big $, it seems these cars are heating up. Guess we'll see soon enough. Can anybody post picts if I send them? I can't seem to get the attachments to upload

Richstang

PM sent...with a few negatives noted.

Here's some positives;
-It's a factory 4 speed GT500
-It has the correct outboard grille lights (not replaced by the inboards as found on many later built cars.)
-It's painted Nightmist Blue...a very popular color these days

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

sfm5s081

Thanks Rich! Vin plate and rear seat picts coming!

Richstang

Posting photos for Jay of the original VIN tag (Z stamp) and a nicer photo of the rear seat. (NO mildew)

Hockeylife

tesgt350

Hi Jay,

I didn't know this was a SAAC forum members car. We all would be more careful in posting comments if that was known.

Why would that matter if it is your opinion?

tesgt350

Quote from: sfm5s081 on August 03, 2018, 12:56:19 AM
I own the car and WW has completely destroyed the copy. I swear they have the biggest idiots who can't even copy and paste the detailed info. So here's the info. I will post additional photos as requested, including the original vin tag. Out of long time retirement

It's a hell of a driver, I'm contemplating driving it to Monterey.

Post questions or email me: jay@melcoproperties.com   

And with the other comments about WW, why would anyone use them?

Richstang

Quote from: tesgt350 on August 29, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
Hi Jay,

Out of respect for our forum members I believe we should not be nitpicking their cars, for sale or not.

sfm5s081

No-saled with the all the other Shelby Mustangs. Please pick away. The car is anything but perfect- I know it and so does everybody else. Then again it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the ones asking $300- $400. Everybody wants something for nothing. It is what is it. I never represented it as a perfect car. All facts, opinions are greatly appreciated. Heck, I might throw a $30k paint job on it (Insane I know) and then ask $300+ like the others

Quote from: Richstang on August 29, 2018, 05:31:53 PM
Hi Jay,

Out of respect for our forum members I believe we should not be nitpicking their cars, for sale or not.
.   Yeah but the flip side of that is that that is how you learn what's not correct IMHO

Richstang

Quote from: 557 on August 29, 2018, 07:14:32 PM
Quote from: Richstang on August 29, 2018, 05:31:53 PM
Hi Jay,

.   Yeah but the flip side of that is that that is how you learn what's not correct IMHO

Sure we can learn from constructive criticism, but just not each others cars unless asked. No sense in getting anyone upset here in the forum community. In this case, the comments are welcomed by the owner.