News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

It has begun - SAAC 43

Started by QuickSilverShelby, August 03, 2018, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67_1183 on August 06, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 06, 2018, 05:47:19 PM
A side benefit of the NOR CAL convention location. :D

Common artwork.  This is in Medford, OR.

Out of curiosity, what device are you using that turns the pictures sideways?
I am not sure how to take that ? Ether ,sorry the art work doesn't measure up or your lucky that you get to see it so much. It is always fun to see them for me.The burgers are heaven. I only get them about once a year because I am from the Midwest. It used to be you could buy a poster of the different scenes at the merchandise stores or online. Not so anymore it seems.  The pictures I posted look fine in the file prior to posting as I already said. They automatically get flipped when they download. The files are on a HP PC .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67_1183

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 06, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
I am not sure how to take that ? Ether ,sorry the art work doesn't measure up or your lucky that you get to see it so much. It is always fun to see them for me.The burgers are heaven. I only get them about once a year because I am from the Midwest. It used to be you could buy a poster of the different scenes at the merchandise stores or online. Not so anymore it seems.

LOL, no slight intended.  Just a statement that the artwork is common to IN-N-OUT locations.

The image rotation seems to happen more often with Apple products on the forum that other platforms.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

propayne

I'm exclusively Apple and have never had a problem orienting my photos.

And that artwork is really neat! I've never seen it before (no IN-N-OUT burgers in Richmond Va.).

Anyone know why so much Shelby-centric art in those establishments?

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

I think the rotation happens with an iPhone. iPad and Mac seems to format the images vertically.

I just read the gal who inherited the Chain has no plans to take it out of it's current territory, which I believe is only California.

67_1183

Quote from: 2112 on August 06, 2018, 08:40:03 PM
I think the rotation happens with an iPhone. iPad and Mac seems to format the images vertically.

OK

I just read the gal who inherited the Chain has no plans to take it out of it's current territory, which I believe is only California.

Don't know, but recently opened in Grants Pass, OR. and a year or two ago in Medford, OR.  Seem to be slowly working north on I-5.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Illinicane

Thank you to all who posted pics and comments.

Truly appreciated!!  God Bless You!

greekz

There are In-N-Out's in Arizona as well.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

J_Speegle

A side benefit of the NOR CAL convention location. :D Sorry for the angle. The pictures are right side up in my files prior to posting.

Knew you couldn't resist. Newer stores are much different than the originals as you've seen.

How many did you smuggle onto the plane in your carry on? 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

propayne

My wife has an elderly aunt in Stockton CA who I fly out to check up on every once-in-awhile. I've been to the IN-N-OUT burger there several times and if that artwork is hanging in that location then I somehow missed it.

I would think it is no coincidence that Shelby autos are featured - makes me think the owner or interior designer had a thing for the mark or maybe just the artist who's work they chose to feature?

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

J_Speegle

Quote from: propayne on August 06, 2018, 09:08:27 PM
My wife has an elderly aunt in Stockton CA who I fly out to check up on every once-in-awhile. I've been to the IN-N-OUT burger there several times and if that artwork is hanging in that location then I somehow missed it.

Locally the stores are pretty new so they will typically not have the older artwork but the newer stuff.

Lots of them added in the last ten years or so. Think there is only one in town (Stockton) out on March Lane. One in the town to the north (Lodi) and one to the south (Manteca)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 06, 2018, 09:08:18 PM
A side benefit of the NOR CAL convention location. :D Sorry for the angle. The pictures are right side up in my files prior to posting.

Knew you couldn't resist. Newer stores are much different than the originals as you've seen.

How many did you smuggle onto the plane in your carry on?
They didn't quite make it on ::) . I have a burger hangover today. :(
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

greekz

Quote from: propayne on August 06, 2018, 08:28:36 PM
I'm exclusively Apple and have never had a problem orienting my photos.

And that artwork is really neat! I've never seen it before (no IN-N-OUT burgers in Richmond Va.).

Anyone know why so much Shelby-centric art in those establishments?

- Phillip

These were some of the cars that frequently visited drive-in's during the 1960's and 1970's.  On any given Friday or Saturday night in So. Cal., whether it be Bob's Big Boy in Glendale or Whittier, In-N-Out in the San Gabriel Valley, or Tommy's in Los Angeles, the Sunset Strip in Hollywood, you would see these cars. They are just part of the So. Cal culture.  Here is a picture of my Tommy's 65th Anniversary Tee Shirt(sorry for the wrinkles).

Greek

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

98SVT - was 06GT

Guy Snyder son of the In-N-out founder was a car nut. His brother Rich to a lesser extent. Guy was a die hard drag racer and the power behind getting the 1960s Irwindale dragstrip promoted and the In-N-Out sponsored cars. They even had an In-N-Out at the starting line. Guy had a red Cobra kit car and many/most of the cars on their shirts are in the collection. The brothers have both died and Lindsey Guys only daughter (Rich had no kids) inherited In-N-Out when she turned 35 this year. She is also a drag racer and I'm sure the corporate insurance types have a heart attack when the sole owner of a billion dollar empire gets behind the wheel.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for November 17th - Hot Rod Magazine and In-N-Out will be celebrating 70 years at Pomona.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbG65abg8SM The Willys was one of her dads cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CharlesTurner

Quote from: greekz on August 06, 2018, 09:07:36 PM
There are In-N-Out's in Arizona as well.

We had some in Phoenix, they were meh.   :-\
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

427heaven

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 06, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

Guy Snyder son of the In-N-out founder was a car nut. His brother Rich to a lesser extent. Guy was a die hard drag racer and the power behind getting the 1960s Irwindale dragstrip promoted and the In-N-Out sponsored cars. They even had an In-N-Out at the starting line. Guy had a red Cobra kit car and many/most of the cars on their shirts are in the collection. The brothers have both died and Lindsey Guys only daughter (Rich had no kids) inherited In-N-Out when she turned 35 this year. She is also a drag racer and I'm sure the corporate insurance types have a heart attack when the sole owner of a billion dollar empire gets behind the wheel.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for November 17th - Hot Rod Magazine and In-N-Out will be celebrating 70 years at Pomona.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbG65abg8SM The Willys was one of her dads cars.
The family was into SHELBYS COBRAS. They had a family arrangement they were never to travel all together in the family jet where ever they were going. Well many years ago they were all in the plane together and the plane went down killing all the men of the family, that's how the sister came to be in charge. Back then there were posters shirts giveaways you name it.When that tragedy struck many things changed except the great quality of the food. Ran IN AND OUT URGE stickers on my cars for decades- Best burgers ever.