News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

It has begun - SAAC 43

Started by QuickSilverShelby, August 03, 2018, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camp upshur

Guy Snyder had a 289 Cobra. Used to keep it at Earl Wade's corner of Darryl Buehl's shop in Monrovia.
Poor Guy got too close to a UAL B757 at SNA. Family was plagued with tragedy.

I found news story that said Guy died from a hydrocodone overdose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger

camp upshur

My bad. It was Rick Snyder, Guys older brother, who had the Cobra and was president of In-and-Out when he was killed at SNA.
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-12-17/news/mn-2639_1_top-executives
Guy followed Rick in company succession and early, untimely death.
Like I said, family plagued w trajedy.
Cobra was marroon (?) as I recall, could be slightly off there too, it's been 25 years.

Richstang

Is that Howards "R" model in the background of the black GT40 in reply #21? (Any other "R" models show up?)

Anyone have photos (and ID's) of the 2 Cobras that were in Concours?

I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on August 06, 2018, 09:44:36 PM
The family was into SHELBYS COBRAS. They had a family arrangement they were never to travel all together in the family jet where ever they were going. Well many years ago they were all in the plane together and the plane went down killing all the men of the family, that's how the sister came to be in charge. Back then there were posters shirts giveaways you name it.When that tragedy struck many things changed except the great quality of the food. Ran IN AND OUT URGE stickers on my cars for decades- Best burgers ever.
Guy had all the neat cars - Rich had a lot of big American convertibles - usually white with red interior he loaned to schools for homecoming parades and prom nights. WRONG on the family history - Harry the father died of natural causes at a ripe old age. In the trust Estell his wife got 51% Rich the good son that worked hard at In-N-Out got 25% and Guy who had a drug problem and didn't work real hard at the family business got 24% (on Estell's death Rich was to have 51% and Guy 49%). The plane crash killed some managers and Rich. They had stopped at Bracket (next to LA Fairgrounds) and let Estell off to go home in Glendora. Estell went back to work full time and Guy came back to work but after a couple years he passed away. Lindsey worked side by side with her grandmother learning the office and management skills. When Estell passed away the trust had a group of managers run the place and continue Lindseys training. At 35 she assumed full control. Guy had lived in Northern CA for a long time and that is where Lindsey grew up. Rich had a very nice house in Covina Hills - all brick like the new stores. When he got married new wife insisted on not living in bachelor pad so they moved to Newport and Huntington Beach (He kept the old house and had Monday Night Football there). Lindsey has several houses in Glendora and a 6 million dollar one she bought in Bradbury a couple years ago. She has 3 exes and 4 kids.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

Go their In & Out web site for the t-shirts and posters.  I have the GT350 shirts.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 06, 2018, 11:38:46 PM
Go their In & Out web site for the t-shirts and posters.  I have the GT350 shirts.
I couldn't find posters there any more. I looked again on the off chance I missed them after seeing your post and no luck. Ebay is the best place for their posters now except that they are a lot more expensive.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s2055

The In & Out in Minden Nv (near Carson City) has both the Shelby posters. About 3 years ago I asked the manager if I could buy them. He laughed and said to check e Bay!

KR Convertible

I had never had In & Out until my second year attending Barrett Jackson.  A friend I made the first year told me I had to try it!  He said get your burger any way you want, but you gotta get your fries "animal style".  AWESOME!!  Always stop on the way from the airport to the condo now.

I have never gone inside to see the artwork.  I'll have to make it a point to do so.

66TotalPerf

Yea, the In-N-Out Shelby artwork is common to many locations so definitely cruise inside to see it. I didn't find posters on their website but they do offer a canvas painted version of the '66 GT350 artwork (.... for $220  :o):
https://shop.in-n-out.com/vault48/at-the-beach-canvas.html

For the pictures being rotated with an iPhone, that's usually caused when you Lock your screen's rotation to vertical but then rotate the phone horizontal when taking photos. 

Thanks for sharing the SAAC43 photos!

-Brent
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4