Author Topic: Mustang Mania car show in Columbia Maryland  (Read 2152 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Mustang Mania car show in Columbia Maryland
« on: August 03, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
For anyone in the Maryland area there is a Mustang car show this Sunday.  Here are the details:

August 5th -  Join Bay Side Mustangs at Apple Ford-Lincoln in Columbia, Md from 9am to 4pm for the 10th Annual Mustang Mania, All Mustang Car Show benefiting Wounded Warrior Project. Cash Prizes to 1st and 2nd Place and up to 10 Trophies per Class, Best of Show, Club Participation and Sponsor Awards. Dash plaques to the first 100 Mustangs, door prizes, 50/50, and live DJ. Car show registration $25, pre-registration $20, spectators are free. Please see download section for more details.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang Mania car show in Columbia Maryland
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:25:20 PM »
Will you be there?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:33:41 PM »
Yes I will.

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
It was a great show on Sunday.  Over 160 Mustangs registered.  I was in the A class which was from 64.5 to 68. Between 20 and 30 cars in my class which was a good showing for the classics.  I won 5th place which is not great but considering the voters are just those that entered cars and the majority of those are the newer cars and many of them really do not know anything about the classics.  But it was a great time.  Met 3 other classic Shelby owners.  2 '66s including one Hertz that surprisingly was not Steve McDonald.  But this car took 1st in the class.  It was freshly restored and very nice.  The other 66 was raw and race ready.  I loved it.  Then there was a 69 convertible in the B class.  It was badged like a '70 with the black stripes and chin spoiler but the owner said is was a '69 he just liked those '70 changes.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
Looks nice, the wife put me to work getting ready for the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit on the 16th, the weather looks good just hot. Not looking forward to 20+ hours of driving but it’s a great show. I did take the car out yesterday for a nice short ride, the heat is not making it real pleasant
Your car is a true first place winner, the right look, the right stance and the right color.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:48:20 PM by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas »
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎