News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby wood steering wheel value OTC later style value range?

Started by 1175, July 31, 2018, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was given a nice used over the counter later 1968-up real Shelby wood steering wheel.  I realize it is not as desirable as a true 66 wood wheel or a 67, but am told it has less dish and is a more comfortable wheel for a driver.

What is a general price range for one of these?

Thanks
Jon

6s1640

Hi 1175,

Does it have cancel pins (fitment 66 model year) or no cancel (fitment 67 and later).  You are correct, these versions will not command the same price as those that were available when the cars were new.  I have seen sellers on a popular auction site trying to get the bigger money.  I am not sure if they sold or not.  My assessment is about half price, in the $1500 to $1800 range in excellent shape.  Is the horn button complete?

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

Cory

Cory,

I should have known you would know.  No cancel pins.  Was fitted to a 66 GT 350H at one time, so not some multi application wheel from eBay. Spokes go straight into side of wood with no plastic tabs.  Epoxy ring on back.  Later style conical style stainless complete horn button assembly.

Thanks
Jon

6s1640

Hi Jon,

Good seeing you the other night at the WASAAC meeting.  So this wheel is a 67 and later fitment, but will work on a 65-66 Mustang.  You just have to manually shut turn signal off after using.  Or be the guy that drives with a turn signal on.

Take care

Cory

6s1802

I can't sleep knowing I spent $4500.00 on a a steering wheel so I put one of those Scott Drake re pops on 6S1802 for $549.00 including the horn button that actually works. I'm sleeping like a baby.