News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Newbie Questions

Started by dustinwinkle, March 16, 2024, 11:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustinwinkle

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased a 1969 GT500 on BaT and have a few newbie questions.

There were several comments on the 2 piece export brace.  Comments ranged from the two piece is correct, it should have a one piece, it should not have an export brace.  Where can I find the correct information?

There were references to Magnum 500 wheels, but these wheels look like the correct Shelby 5 star wheels to me.  Picture is attached, can someone please verify?

Is the no interior overhead dome light on these cars?

On the rear sequential, do they only activate on the turn signals, or do they also sequential out when you first press the brake?
Thank you!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: dustinwinkle on March 16, 2024, 11:26:06 PM
Hello everyone.  I recently purchased a 1969 GT500 on BaT and have a few newbie questions.

There were several comments on the 2 piece export brace.  Comments ranged from the two piece is correct, it should have a one piece, it should not have an export brace.  Where can I find the correct information?

There were references to Magnum 500 wheels, but these wheels look like the correct Shelby 5 star wheels to me.  Picture is attached, can someone please verify?

Is the no interior overhead dome light on these cars?

On the rear sequential, do they only activate on the turn signals, or do they also sequential out when you first press the brake?
Thank you!
Yes 2 cowl braces. The one piece export brace was used 65-68. The 15 inch magnum 500 wheels were used on the Boss cars and as temporary service replacements on 68/70 Shelby's during a recall for a defect in the stock wheels. They were supposed to be switched out for the improved stock Shelby wheels but some didn't get switched. Yes those are correct 68/70 Shelby wheels but someone painted the inside black. They were natural aluminum from the factory in case that matters to you. No dome lights .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby