News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC 43 Concours Results?

Started by Jimbc123, August 06, 2018, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbc123

Any results posted or announced for the Concours judging at SAAC 43? It looked like one GT350 and a GT 500KR convertible being judged.

Thanks, Jim

GT350Bill

My car (#1487) was the GT350....it was announced at the awards dinner that we received a gold but I haven't heard from anyone officially. The KR vert was announced as a Premier award....I don't recall the owners name but the car was restored by Jason Billups.

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

68blk500c

Coralsnake

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

The quality of the cars in the Concours event never ceases to amaze me. They are all magnificent examples of what we could buy "back in the day" but in many cases even better
Congrats to all the participants, they are all winners
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

acman63

Both 68s got golds.  I havent seen the sheets yet,  will post once they are filed
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

shlby66

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on August 06, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
The quality of the cars in the Concours event never ceases to amaze me. They are all magnificent examples of what we could buy "back in the day" but in many cases even better
Congrats to all the participants, they are all winners

That's a bit of an understatement, as they are all better, than they were originally.

CharlesTurner

Div I (All original, no repro parts):

68 GT500 convertible - Don B.  Premiere Award
65 GT350 - Jim B.  Gold
65 GT350 - Jeff C.  Gold

Div II (Restored, repro parts ok):

65 GT350 - John N. No Award

66 GT350
Gold:
Charles M.
Ben W.
Serji K.
Mike Q.

Silver:
Neal H.
Tony D.

Bronze:
Dove R.
Ed K.

No award:
Buddy P

67 - Withdrawn

68 GT350 - Bill E  Gold

Cobra
Gold:
Phil W (both cars)

2 Unrestored/Survivor cars: The red '66 GT350 was Gold/Confirmed.  The other one did not qualify.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0