Author Topic: track photographer galleries?  (Read 6132 times)

scottiedawg66

• View Profile
track photographer galleries?
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
Does anyone have any leads on any of the track photographers galleries?  I saw quite a few out there and sure would love to see some pics. 

Wingrider

• View Profile
Re: track photographer galleries?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
...or purchase some as I was an attendee and participant.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:45:18 PM »
Photo-journalist, Bob McClurg, was shooting for "Hemmings Classic Car Magazine".   8)

Wingrider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:53:20 AM »
If it was the gentleman I saw with the photo vest on, now I know why his camera didn't point at anything older that about 1973...

If that was the only photographer on site that would be disappointing to anyone with any vehicle past the Nixon era.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:15:35 AM by Wingrider »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »
I saw at least two guys with Photo vests.  McClurg was at all the events from Denbeste on Thursday night to closing on Sunday.  He did the drags with great shots of the JBA blaster.  For those that do not know, Bob has been the editor of Hot Rad Rod magazine, Ford Performance, Mustang Illustrated and done a number of great books on special muscle cars and drag racing. I saw a copy of his Tasca Ford book in the Raceway gift shop.  He has covered a number of SAAC events for some magazines over the years.  He said he is supposed to get an eight page spread in the Hemmings magazine. 8)

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 11:33:44 PM »
Track photos courtesy of Harvey Sherman...

https://harveysherman.smugmug.com/ShelbyAmericanAutomobileClub
Dave - 6S1757

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:41 PM »
I saw at least two guys with Photo vests.  McClurg was at all the events from Denbeste on Thursday night to closing on Sunday.  He did the drags with great shots of the JBA blaster.  For those that do not know, Bob has been the editor of Hot Rad Rod magazine, Ford Performance, Mustang Illustrated and done a number of great books on special muscle cars and drag racing. I saw a copy of his Tasca Ford book in the Raceway gift shop.  He has covered a number of SAAC events for some magazines over the years.  He said he is supposed to get an eight page spread in the Hemmings magazine. 8)

Fantastic, I'll keep my eyes out for that issue.

scottiedawg66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
thanks for the link!