News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1969 Shelby: Help identify this wire?

Started by DP Customs, March 26, 2024, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DP Customs

Hi all,
I'm replacing a "69-70 SHELBY DRIVING LIGHT UNDER DASH INTERMEDIATE WIRING HARNESS."

The original intermediate harness that I'm removing from the car has a green wire with red tracer connected to the brake switch plug.  The new intermediate harness has this same wire, green with red tracer (maybe 14 gauge), with a 90-degree spade terminal.  I'm attaching a stock photo of the harness showing the wire.  After going through numerous schematics, I can't confirm that this is correct?  I've also replaced the main dash harness that already has the brake switch plug wired up to both terminals (solid green and  a green wire/red tracer, 16 gauge).

TLea

Looks like wire that goes to one side of brake switch. Factory under dash will have this cut (disabled) and this replaces

DP Customs

Interesting, thanks, I'll have to check into that.

DP Customs

Ok, just to clarify, you're saying to take the green/red tracer wire from the intermediate harness (1) and put it in place of the green/red wire (2) that's in the stop-lamp switch plug (coming from main dash harness). Would I then just tape off/clip the unused green/red wire from the main harness? From what I can see on my schematic, this original wire (2) would be pulling power from the headlamp switch.  I take it that the intermediate harness green/red wire will provide power from a different source?

Shelbypat

Yes exactly. You removed the original green/red 16 gages. Fold it and tape it. Install the intermédiaire one green/red 14 gages wire at the brake switch as 6 bulbs brake light pull more load.

Patrick

DP Customs

Quote from: Shelbypat on March 26, 2024, 06:28:17 PM
Yes exactly. You removed the original green/red 16 gages. Fold it and tape it. Install the intermédiaire one green/red 14 gages wire at the brake switch as 6 bulbs brake light pull more load.

Patrick

Ok, thanks!  I was wondering what was the point of using a different wire but it is heavier gauge and with the Shelby lights, that makes perfect sense.

TLea

Quote from: DP Customs on March 26, 2024, 04:36:08 PM
Ok, just to clarify, you're saying to take the green/red tracer wire from the intermediate harness (1) and put it in place of the green/red wire (2) that's in the stop-lamp switch plug (coming from main dash harness). Would I then just tape off/clip the unused green/red wire from the main harness? From what I can see on my schematic, this original wire (2) would be pulling power from the headlamp switch.  I take it that the intermediate harness green/red wire will provide power from a different source?
Exactly. Removed wire I've seen cut or taped back