News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC 44

Started by Bigfoot, August 08, 2018, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: CSX 4133 on August 13, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

Great! Time to start arranging my schedule so I can attend.   :)

Another one I can't make.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

The Pittsburg Grand Prix runs July 12- 21. Maybe we can connect up with some of their events
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gjz30075

Were the dates announced, too?
Greg Z
6S2249

69 GT350 Vert

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 09, 2018, 12:43:23 AM
Announced at dinner: Beaver Run Raceway.  Hotels in Pittsburgh.  Should be in early to mid-July.  Details pending.

The BeaveRun race track changed their name to PittRace.  Here is the website.  http://pittrace.com/

I'm pretty sure the track has not changed.  I liked the old name and still have the plaque with the scared beaver sticking out of the Cobra from the last time it was there. 

Being from Pittsburgh, I will be there with my 69 GT350 convertible. 

I know one of the racing instructors at PittRace.  If anyone needs me to contact him to get track information or anything, let me know.  He is at the track daily. 

acman63

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 13, 2018, 07:52:56 AM

why cant you make it>  not that far for you
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bigfoot

Same Hotel as last time?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Richstang

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on August 16, 2018, 05:36:07 PM
Announced at dinner: Beaver Run Raceway.  Hotels in Pittsburgh.  Should be in early to mid-July.  Details pending.

The BeaveRun race track changed their name to PittRace.  Here is the website.  http://pittrace.com/

I'm pretty sure the track has not changed.  I liked the old name and still have the plaque with the scared beaver sticking out of the Cobra from the last time it was there. 

I know one of the racing instructors at PittRace.  If anyone needs me to contact him to get track information or anything, let me know.  He is at the track daily.

Since your from the area...is there any other must see places while we're in the area? (Shelby / Mustang related)
If I can get out there, it would be my first stay on that side of the state. Might as well make more out of it if possible.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

Quote from: acman63 on August 16, 2018, 05:39:32 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 13, 2018, 07:52:56 AM

why cant you make it>  not that far for you

9 hours. Over the limit for me. I need to take naps every 2.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

America has motels and hotels along every route. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 17, 2018, 05:51:59 PM
America has motels and hotels along every route.

Nah, that's too much like Marco Polo leading an expedition?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

Think of it as a mini-Gumball for older drivers.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 17, 2018, 10:07:58 PM
Think of it as a mini-Gumball for older drivers.

What about older cars?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69 GT350 Vert

Quote from: Richstang on August 16, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

Since your from the area...is there any other must see places while we're in the area? (Shelby / Mustang related)
If I can get out there, it would be my first stay on that side of the state. Might as well make more out of it if possible.

Other than a few private collections I have seen, there really isn't any noteworthy shelby/mustang places to see here in Pittsburgh that I am aware of. 

Richstang

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on August 18, 2018, 10:42:02 AM
Quote from: Richstang on August 16, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

Other than a few private collections I have seen, there really isn't any noteworthy shelby/mustang places to see here in Pittsburgh that I am aware of.

Thanks for the added info. I guess we'll have to get our fill at the convention. I'll have to take a look at any tourist traps / historical places too.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

There's a neat "adult" store along "80" somewhere. Kopec and Pardee stopped there and the hostess was nude.

Someone should put that one on the list. Wait. That was 35 years ago. She's probably all wrinkled and sagging. Nix that.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!